SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget Billing Payment Plan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a requirement to use budget billing payment plan as supported by standard SAP. We understand that Standard SAP looks at the billed history of the customer at a given premise, and provides an average. For customers that do not have billing history, I understand we can set up manual history in SAP to put them on budget billing payment plan.

When we go live all the customers in SAP obviously will not have billing history so we are trying to figure out how to provide budget billing payment plans for customers that have over 12 months of billing history in legacy and not enough billing history in SAP.

Do we need to create manual history for every customer? Is there a conversion object for manual history?

How do we support budget billing plan in SAP for these customers that have billing history in legacy and not in SAP yet?

Can you provide suggestions in how to resolve this issue?

Thanks,

Sachin

Edited by: sachinlul on Jul 28, 2011 10:56 PM

6 REPLIES 6

former_member215295
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Sachin,

You can upload last 1 or 2 yrs of past billing documents history through EMIGALL.

thanks,

VR

Edited by: VR_SAPFICA on Jul 29, 2011 3:45 PM

0 Kudos

VR,

My understanding is standard sap budget billing payment plan looks at the billing history and comes up with an average and not consumption history.

We're bringing consumption history for 13 months but it's not going to be helpful for budet billing. Am I right?

Sachin

0 Kudos

HI Sachin,

I think it will look into your comsumption history as well, but you can debug the event R950 and see exactly what all system is considerign while calculating the payment plan.

thanks,

VR

0 Kudos

Folks,

We would greatly appreciate if you can provide us some insights in resolving this issue. Our client does not want to customize or enhance the system and wants to leverage the standard SAP system functionality.

We checked EMIGALL and there is no migration object for converting Manual History. Does it mean we need to build a custom EMIGALL object to upload manual history values into SAP? If we use EBF to bring billing history, can budget billing payment look at the EBF history to propose payment plan amounts?

We're really looking for some help here and would greatly appreciate if you can provide any suggestions.

Thanks,

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

Did u get any help on this ? I have a similar requirement it would really great if you can pass on some details.

Thanks.

Regards,

Seema.

0 Kudos

Hi,

If No Billing History is found, Budget Billing uses Periodic consumption for calculating average. Periodic consumption is stored on register level and is entered while installing device.

Thanks.

Ravi