Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Few questions about consistency

former_member182655
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello colleagues,

From some time I have a mess in my head regarding to consistency between system.

The situation #1

I decided to perform some actions in SPAU to clean note mess. I wanted to reset in original state all my obsolete notes. In the end of this action I get the request. I released this request ant transported it into the productive system. But in productive system I still see obsolete note in the tree.

Why is it so?

The situation #2

During installation EHP4 on initially installed DEV system I get problem which was resolved by implementation of the note 124573. But on the productive system this problem was not persisted. Why? I can make an assumption that this problems is happening because of some floating inconsistency (installation procedures were similar). How can I check consistency between two systems?

Does any body know any tool?

The situation #3

While SP updating on SolMan system I get the dump in DEV system. This dump was eliminated by implementation of the note 1509252. Although in PRD system this problem was not happend I decided to transport the request with this note to PRD. The request has been transported with error. Why? The PRD system has the same level of the SP and the same programm transported to it?

Here I have one assumption that this note just prevented the dump, put some code and the SP rewrite note's code, but as the dump didn't occure in PRD this note (hence, couldn't prevent anything and) write wrong code. Could it be so?

Any help will be apppreciated.

Regards,

Artem

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

> The situation #1

> I decided to perform some actions in SPAU to clean note mess. I wanted to reset in original state all my obsolete notes. In the end of this action I get the request. I released this request ant transported it into the productive system. But in productive system I still see obsolete note in the tree.

> Why is it so?

>

Have you checked in development and production system that there were same number of obsolete notes ?

> The situation #2

> During installation EHP4 on initially installed DEV system I get problem which was resolved by implementation of the note 124573. But on the productive system this problem was not persisted. Why? I can make an assumption that this problems is happening because of some floating inconsistency (installation procedures were similar). How can I check consistency between two systems?

> Does any body know any tool?

>

It might be possible that you have done some customization in development system which was not transported to production system. If you want to compare the inconsistency between 2 system then from SCC9, you can do that.

> The situation #3

> While SP updating on SolMan system I get the dump in DEV system. This dump was eliminated by implementation of the note 1509252. Although in PRD system this problem was not happend I decided to transport the request with this note to PRD. The request has been transported with error. Why? The PRD system has the same level of the SP and the same programm transported to it?

> Here I have one assumption that this note just prevented the dump, put some code and the SP rewrite note's code, but as the dump didn't occure in PRD this note (hence, couldn't prevent anything and) write wrong code. Could it be so?

Again reason is same, you might have done customization related to that object in development but not in production. You can compare the version of the object in 2 system to find it out.

Thanks

Sunny

former_member182655
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you Sunny for reply!

1. Have you checked in development and production system that there were same number of obsolete notes ?

Yes, I checked. The number was different, but I hoped that the notes (in DEV and PRD) will disappeared, and the different will stay.

Why the same notes will not eliminate each other?

2. Both systems were installed initially, there were no any development....

3. Clear enough

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> 1. Have you checked in development and production system that there were same number of obsolete notes ?

> Yes, I checked. The number was different, but I hoped that the notes (in DEV and PRD) will disappeared, and the different will stay.

> Why the same notes will not eliminate each other?

>

It should eliminate.

> 2. Both systems were installed initially, there were no any development....

>

You can do one thing for this case. You can do the version management of the object and check if there is difference between dev and prd.

Thanks

Sunny

Answers (0)