Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conditional Interface Determination

nicole_bruneau2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi. Here is my scenario: eGIS -> PI -> SAP

Asynchronous web service call to PI, which I'd like to split into one of two calls, either an IDoc or an RFC call to SAP, depending on the value of a field being passed from eGIS. I'd like to do this using XSLT mapping, as I already have the mapping for the IDoc call.

Is this possible? I'm running PI 7.0 SP 20.

This was resolved with the conditional interface determination. However, when I created this interface, I thought I would have one line item per web service call. Now it turns out I can expect multiple line items. Unfortunately, when the condition is met (in any of the line items) it automatically creates the RFC for every line item in the web service call. How do I get it to perform the conditional interface determination for each line item, rather than as a whole?

Thank you.

Nicole

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the blog entry below for multi-mapping.

/people/jin.shin/blog/2006/02/07/multi-mapping-without-bpm--yes-it146s-possible

You will have to create multiple messages, one for each context of the lines on the RFC call. You wont be able to split the messages directly on the receiver determination. So, this way you will create for example 10 messages from a single RFC call, and each one will be checked on the receiver determination to which communication channel it should be sent.

nicole_bruneau2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Is there a document out there detailing how to do this with XSLT Mapping? I am creating either an IDoc or an RFC into SAP, and I have not been able to successfully create an IDoc without using XSL.

Thank you.

Nicole

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
nicole_bruneau2
Explorer
0 Kudos

I've looked over the documents, but I'm still not able to send the message to either an IDoc or an RFC based on the object type field....I'm attempting to do this in my XSLT mapping, but it's either putting all the line items in an IDoc or all in the RFC. Can anyone help?

Thank you.

Nicole