Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIF new materials to APO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

Need your help in the following:

I am CIFing new materials to APO and in General Selection options for Material, I wish to do a multiple selection based on a class. I works fine manually however I wish to save the classification value in the variant for background job.

Can you please suggest how to save the variant for Integration Model with Classification for Material

Thanks in advance

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rahul

Standard CIF (CFM1) does not have a slection criterial for Material dependent objects based on Class. How are you able to do this manually ?

If you want to select material dependent objects based on material class, it would be an enhancement.

Take a look at this thread -

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your reply Rishi

However I dont wish to adding new field for selection. The scenario is I want to filter all the materials based on one of the characteristic value of the class (in classification)

When I say manually, I meant in the multiple selection option I can enter the class-characteristic value to fetch the materials. But I am not able to save it with the variant for the background job.

I am not sure if I can use solution in the note (you mentioned) can be used for class values. Please suggest!

Thanks in advance

-Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

The existing filter criteria for materials, in CFM1 transaction may not serve your purpose.

When generating an integration model the system determines whether entries exist in the MARC table

(plant data for the material). I do not think the class/characteristics data will be available in MARC table.

OSS note 369541 suggests modication to be able to transferring segments of the MARA table (general material data). However, I note your point that, you want only additional filter criteria and do not want to transfer any additional fields to APO.

Please check the function module u201CCIF_MATERIAL_PRODUCT_MAPu201D if this can be useful for you.

There is also a customer exit SAP R/3 customer exit: EXIT_SAPLCMAT_001 and you may please check this.

Regards

Datta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rahul

When you save variants, you only save values of the field in the form - In this case materials. Manually, you can use other fields to select materials themselves, but that will not be saved as variants.

The only way to do this is to add class as a criteria for selection in the CFM1 form. The OSS note mentioned in the link is for MARC fields. There are other similar notes for MARA fields. But since you want to filter on class (table KSSK ?), you may not be able to use the notes directly. See if the method suggested by Datta or Function Module MATERIAL_KEY_SELECTION as suggested by Ademola in the referenced SDN link works for you.

Rishi Menon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Datta and Rishi,

I will check and update if it works!

-Rahul