cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete standard fields from template repository

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We've created a repository based on standard repository template, which contains several fields that we don't use and we want to delete.

The problem appears after deleting different standard fields like:

MDMSRM_PRICE_INFORMATION

MDMSRM_CONTRACT_PRICE

As it seems the system is using these fields when displaying the catalog into the portal through iviews.

I've checked the UI Configuration into the web finished with .../MDM_SRM_UI_App, but I cannot find the fields I've deleted anywhere.

I've been reading different threads on this forum, but I'm not sure if I need to delete the deleted fields from an XML structure.

If I have to modify any file, where can I get the file to be updated?

If not, how should I proceed?

Thanks & regards,

Carlos Santamaría.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member206388
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos.

Are you looking forward to 1. Revert back the fields which you have deleted or

2. Remove the fields from the XML data structure.

If (1) - Check the Note: 1171711 where you will find a PDF attached about the repository information which gives you more details about the fields which are available so that you can manually adjust your repository by adding those fields accordingly.

If (2) - In the configuration screen, provide your user credentials by selecting the repository and click "Transport Configuration" button where you can get the XML file to view the fields and edit the file by removing those fields and update back to it.

Note: SAP doesn't recommend you to delete fields from its delivered repository. Especially its price fields. So try to achieve your solution without deleting it if you can.

Regards

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for your reply, I don't like the option of modifying manually the XML file that contains the repository structure.

The problem we have is that our customer does not want to see all the fields and tables included into the pre-delivered repository.

We've done a copy of pre-delivered repository SRMMDM30SP0500 and create the fields we need in our new repository.

If it is not recommended to delete these fields and tables, is there any option to hide completelly these fields and tables into the Data Manager?

I've seen that we can hide fields into the record list area (top right area), but not into the record-editing area (bottom right area).

Is there any option?

Thanks again,

Carlos Santamaría.

former_member206388
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos.

Why can't you try by making the unwanted fields by changing the access to Read-Only.

In the repository Go to Admin Node-> Roles->Select a role -> Tables and Fields. From here change the access to the fields which you do nt want to edit to Read-Only.

Regards

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I know that we can put fields as read-only. In fact, they are already as read-only for all users, so nobody can enter information on it.

The problem is that we have more than 100 fields into the repository and we don't want to have also the ones that we don't need/use only because they were included into the pre-delivered repository from SAP.

Is there any option to delete / hide standard fields without modifying the XML schema manually?

Thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

SAP advise not to delete the fields from standard repository however if you have already deleted the fields then either you can restart the SRM-MDM UI Connector from Visual Administrator or better to restart the java instance once where SRM-MDM UI is deployed.

Thanks,

Jitesh