cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VAT & CST problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

i am facing a problem in VAT and CST, i have configured every possible stuffs for this two condition type

following are the changes i made in the system

1. created two condition type JIVP & JIVC with access sequence JLST & JCST respectively with 368 & 367 tables in those assess sequence.

2. created two tax categories for india JIVC and JIVP.

3. created tax relevant for record for customer

JIVC 0 Tax exempted

JIVC 1 Normal (w/o Form)

JIVC c Normal ( With Form)

JIVP 0 Tax Exempted

JIVP 1 Liable for TAX

similarly for materia

JIVC 0 Tax Exepted

JIVC 1 Liable For Tax

JIVP 0 Tax Exempted

JIVP 1 Liable For Tax

4. Now for a customer in india to work for VAT 12.5% i maintaint the following setting in the master data of Customer and Material as follows

customer

JIVC 0 tax exempted

JIVP 1 Liable for tax

material

JIVC 1 Liable for Tax

JIVP 1 Liable for Tax

because this material will be used for both VAT & CST.

5. i maintained condition record for JIVP with the fist table (368) like as follows.

Country IN

Regoin of plant 13 ( maharastra)

Region of customer 13 ( maharastra)

Customer tax classification 1

Material tax classification 1

and record maintained is 12.5%

Now after maintaining every possible point when i started to creat a sales order with teh same set of customer and material i am not getting the condition type JIVP, when i went to analysis i found the following

JIVC condition record missing

Country IN

Regoin of plant 13

Region of customer 13

Customer tax classification 0

JIVP condition record missing

Country IN

Regoin of plant 13

Region of customer 13

Now my point is when i maintain only for JIVP why the same update is seen in both the condition type as every possible point is covered and had done some testing if i maintain both then both the record is showing in the order. even though i maintained different conditions still only the JIVC condition is taking. i am searching for that but didnt had clue.

so please any one can help me on this because i am stuck in some problem.

regards,

Subhro

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188027
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi You will find only One condition type Either JIVC or JIVP and depending upon your Region

Check Tax Determination Rules :

SAP Customizing Implementation Guide -- Sales and Distribution -- Basic

Functions -- Taxes -- Define Tax Determination Rules

Customer taxes and Material Taxes

Condition table - IMG -> Sales & Distribution -> Basic Function -> Pricing Control -> Condition Type

Create the Condition Type ( JIVP and JIVC)

Condition class u2013 A

Calculation type-A

Manual entries u2013 D

Select u2013 Amount/Percentage, Item condition

Access Sequence- IMG -> Sales & Distribution -> Basic Function -> Pricing Control -> Access Sequence

Generally we take u2013 Country / Plant / Region / Tax. Class. Customer / Tax Class Material.

More ever u2013 Material , Sale Document , Sale Doc/Dist Channel /Price list, Contry/plant/region/material

Check Maintained P P:

SAP Customizing Implementation Guide -- Sales and Distribution -- Basic Functions

-- Pricing -- Pricing Control

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have checked in the system yes all the possible settings are made there condition type JIVP & JIVC will appeare according to the region. i have created this from a system which working fine with the same settings which i made. there is no difference.

i guess i should get the sellection JIVP (VAT) in the sales order as i have only made condtion record for JIVP then why in the analysis i find the that what every JIVC is having the same is appearing in JIVP.

Regards,

Subhrangshu

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

THANKS FOR THE REPLIES

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

0 Kudos

Hi

First define the TAX Determination rule in SPRO-SD-Basidfunction-TAX, here decide the sequence for CST and VAT.

For instance you make VAT as 1 and CST 2, then you have to use TAx classification 1 for VAT and Tax classification2 for CST,

Then create one more table where you will have tax classification 2cust/ tax claa2 mat which will be identical to JCST access sequence.

Now maintain the condition record for VAT using Taxclass1 access and for CST taxclss2.

Your issue will be resolved

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

i maintained condition record for JIVP with the fist table (368) like as follows.

Country IN

Regoin of plant 13 ( maharastra)

Region of customer 13 ( maharastra)

and record maintained is 12.5%

JIVC condition record missing

Country IN

Regoin of plant 13

Region of customer 13

JIVP condition record missing

Country IN

Regoin of plant 13

Region of customer 13

If You see above error system is picking the Customer Tax Classification wrong

Try to check once again the Access Sequence and also check whether initially have u created any condition record and also check with customer master and material master

Revert,

Regards,

Prasanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanna,

I have checked in the system, i have maintained only for JIVP Condition Record as this is a fresh testing so i started with JIVP . No other condition record are maintained. even i check if i change the master data of customer say if i change the customer Tax classification to 1 JIVC and then when we creat a sales order then JIVP is come nicely. After abservation i have realised that what ever changes i make in JIVC it is taking but the JIVP chnages are not working, that is interesting.

Do you any idea ?

regards,

Subhrangshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

You have to use

material tax classification 1 for your JIVC condition type and

Customer tax classification 2

Material tax classificatioon 2 for your another condition type.

Check this in your Condition table regarding the above fields .

May be you are using the same access sequence for the both condition types

regards

Prashanth