SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMI Configuration in EHP5

Former Member
0 Kudos

After doing the configuration of Advanced meter Capabilities and Text messages for EHP5, i have created a new device category. To this device category i assigned the following viz-Advanced Meter,AMS Det. Group,AMCG Det. Group and Msg.Att.Det.Grp.

Now when i am trying to use Msg. Attribute while creating the device, it says "Delete message attribute", The assigned AMS (advanced metering system) and AMCG (advanced meter capability group) do not have the capability to receive text messages.

Any idea, what is missing?

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your question itself has the answer.

Please check if the Node 'Advanced Meter Capabilities' has the entry for Receive Text Messages.

Add this AMI Capability to the Capability Group.

you should then be able to use the Message Attribute.

Please reply back if this doesn't help.

Cheers,

Rakesh..

0 Kudos

This config i had already done Rakesh.

Advanced Meter Capabilities does have the entry for "Receive message".

This has also been selected in the node "Capabilities of Advanced Metering System" as well as in the node "Capabilities of Device"

Still the error!!

0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the following and reply back if it still doesn't work.

1. Check the settings in the customizing node AMI->Messaging->Define Text Messages.

2. Check the Material and the device has the Message Attribute Determination Grp field filled.

3. Install the meter and check if it still cannot send the messages.

4. Check if you have authorization to send messages.

Messages can only be sent if the meter is installed or connected to the AMS.

Cheers,

Rakesh