cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daa Archiving Year wise

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are running the SAP ECC6.0 , Oracle 10.2.0 + HP Unix 11.23 , SAP data from the Year 2004 to till date.

Our Management ask to do the SAP Archiving for Year Wise , Now please reply me any Solutiion is avaialble to do the

Archiving for Year wise.

Regards,

Santosh Warke

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Archiving is a complex procedure that require both technical and funtional collaboration in conjuntion with local legal document retention policies.

If you don't have the knowledge I strongly recommend you to seek expert help.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx Juan for reply,

Any Third party SAP Archivig tool will solve our situation. ?

Please let me know any clue regarding the same,

Regards,

Santosh Warke

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Archiving tools (including 3rd party) are design to streamline the movement of data to a repository but it will not choose what data to move for you.

You need to tell your Management that archiving is a lot more serious/complex than just moving a year of data to an external repository.

Your SAP funtional team (Assuming they have archiving knowledge) need to talk to the LOB's and define what Archiving Objects are viable for archiving as well as the scope of it, as I said before you also need to make sure the plan complies with the local legal document retention policies.

Only when you have this info you can think on the "technical" side of it, I recommend you to read the info on help.sap.com regarding SARA

Regards

Juan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

You should get in touch with your Functional team to do archiving ..since it is very critical activity..before running the actual Write with Delete option it is better to do a test run.

There some thrid party tools available for Archiving like OpenText Server..

Regards,

Srinivas Chapa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Srinivas ,

For Archiving Third Party Tools like Open Text Server , Anybody having experience using this Open Text server ?

Regards,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

let me know what do you want regarding OpenText server..

I've some experiance on this( also you can get more info from http://www.opentext.com/2/global/products)

Regards,

Srinivas Chapa.

ashish_vikas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

you will do data archiving on basis of Archiving object and for the Write program you will have the option for selection (year/month/week).

first you have to find out for which objects you are going to do archiving.. there is no direct way for complete SAP system.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp2/helpdata/en/45/e4f6415705cb17e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

thanks

ashish