Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrate from VC 7.11 to 7.3 error while executing service

bernd_speckmann
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I want to migrate my VC 7.11 app to VC 7.3. So I exported my model in VC 7.11 and imported it in VC 7.3. So far so good.

Everything seems to be ok so I deployed it to the NW 7.3 server.

When I run the application and execute a service to get some data via RFC from our ERP system everything is ok too.

But when I pass parameters while executing the service, an error occurs.

Error Occurred while executing the service: while trying to invoke the method com.sap.mdi.ObjectFactory.getRfm(java.lang.String) of an object loaded from field com.sapportals.connectors.SAPCFConnector3.metadata.functions.SAPFunctionParameter.of of an object loaded from local variable 'this'

The error only appears when I pass parameters. Without input parameters everything is ok. It tried it with different bapi rfc calls. All with the same result: Without an input parameter there is no problem and with a parameter the error occurs.

Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Regards, Bernd

Edited by: Bernd Speckmann on Jul 27, 2011 12:22 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

anja_engelhardt2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Does this occur when running every RFC/BAPI? As far as I understand your message it occurs for more than 1, right?

2. What are the data types of the input fields?

Regards

Anja

bernd_speckmann
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anja,

thank you for your answer.

1. Yes, it occurs when running every BAPI/RFC. Not testet all, but a few.

2. In my example the data type of the input fields are SYST-DATUM. But with other types it's the same problem...

Did anybody have a soltuon for this issue???

Regards, Bernd

mark_moshkovich
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bernd,

I couldn't reproduce the mentioned problem on our local systems, everything works fine.

Could you please open a support ticket and provide:

1. SP and patch level of the source and target systems.

2. Attach the simplified model that reproduces the problem.

Regards,

Mark