cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install SAP in a NAS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to install EHP4 IDES in a Windows 2003 R2 server (64 bit system). I have a 3 TB storage setup as a Network attached storage. I mapped this storage to windows and also assigned a drive letter. I am able to read and write to this NAS. I start sapinst but it does not recognize the NAS' drive letter when it comes to the point of specifying a drive to begin the installation. My google search points me only to TREX. Is there any config that I might have missed out?. Thanks!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

john_studdert
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jaguar, I've seen issues myself before when attaching new drive letters that map to space on a SAN. Not necessarily the same issue, but worth a try if you haven't done this already: if you reboot the box, does the NAS drive letter show up when you first log in again (if not, have you set it to reconnect at login)? If so, try running SAPinst again at that point and check if it sees the drive letter. Which volume are you running SAPinst from?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Thanks for your response. I am able to see the drive when I reboot the system. The 'reconnect at logon' option is enabled. somehow, sapinst seems to ignore the network drive. I am continuing my research on SAPINST.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jaguar,

Kindly check if you can make these drives are mapped drives and see.

Probably you may have to install the binaries on the physical drive on the server and data can be put on NAS.

Regards

vivek