cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preliminary Purchase Requisition for WBS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my scenario I do not want to create reservations but just PRs and I also have to take the material in the stock.

For that i configured my Procurement indicator for preliminary PR for WBS.But that makes the material component irrelevant for costing while I want to do network costing.

Is there any way by which I can make the material component relevant for costing even when i am choosing the preliminary PR for WBS option?

Thanks and Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please do not choose option of 'Preliminary Purch Req.' but choose as 'reservation+Purch. Req.'. This will keep material relevent for costing.

Regards,

Mahendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your replies....

My business requirement is-

i) PRs need to be trigerred through PS

ii) Only PR needs to be created and not reservation.Reason being that the procurement is against the activities assigned to the procurement WBS but the issues are made to different child WBS elements.As such creating a reservation alongwith the PR for parent WBS element would make the reservation redundant.we are not using automatic requirement grouing.

iii) Cost Plannnig is done through network costing and as such I need the cost of the assigned components.

But the preliminary PR for WBS is letting me create just a PR without any reservation but not contributing towards the planned cost.Any means by which to make it cost-relevant/

Thanks and Regards

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

did you try non stock material (N), as suggested above.

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

did you try non stock material (N), as suggested above.

I think the user requirement is to build Stock, so using non stock (N) is not applicable.

Spedge, Why cant you make use of grouping requirements?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please try using 'advance procurement'. In 'advance procurement' you buy material against PIR and then when actual requirement comes the material will be consumed for the same. The actual requirement will also consume PIR(Planned Ind. Requirement).

Regards,

Mahendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for all your valuable inputs.

I discussed the scenario in details with my users and it was agreed that there could be one reservation and the subsequest transferring of materials to different WBS elements.

Thanks Rafi......we will be using requirement grouping now.....material would be relevant to costing then and unnecessary reservation will be there in the system

Thanks and Regards

Edited by: spedge99 on Jul 29, 2011 8:05 AM

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

As per your busines scenario you need to use procurement type PEV -Preliminary Requisition for WBS Element (PIR) because you want material as project stock so with item categories L with this setting system create PR only not reservation.

If PP module is in your organization then definitely MRP would be there in that case you need to choose procurement type WE - 'Reservation for WBS Element' system create reservation then MRP for ROH system create PR and for Semi finish good system create plan order it will convert in production order then confirm and it will convert in finish good.

Hope now would be clear.

Regards,

Sanjeev

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Hi guys this is what seems to be working for me

in MRP2 put the

in mrp4 put the information as

in transaction OMD9

the results will be like

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can achieve the desired result by turning on the Planning indicator in the Network Type in trasaction OPSC

You can

1. Plan the materials using network costing

2. Set the "Premilinary Requisition for WBS element". This will not create the reservation but allow you to create the Purchase Requisition when desired (control using "Res./Purc. req." dropdown)

3. Get the material at GR in stock.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Shoaib

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> In my scenario I do not want to create reservations

and I also have to take the material in the stock.

make the material component relevant for costing

I think it is not possible to setup this combination.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have the same scenario.

1) We do not have MRP configured so reservations are not relevant.

2) Also i need to have all material in stock as each material is valuated and need tracking.

3) Material component is relevant for costing. The costs are linked to material component.

So we need to make PR without generating reservation no as they are not relevant.

Regards

Nikhil Bohra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you are choosing item category as L. Please N and choose Purchase requisition for network. ( Need not choose procurement indicator while filling the details)

Hope this helps.

Srinivas Potluri