cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle database server version 9.2.0.8 patch 30

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We are trying to apply the latest interim patch to Oracle 9 but we are having issues with qsma.jar. The Opatch managed to backup all the other files except the content of qsma.jar. Since this was a 3.0B SAP system, no jdk was not installed manually, it was surprisingly done by of the Oracle installer.

Any hints/tips will be appreciated. Thanks.

LOG FILE:

Backing-up jar files on Windows.

extract oracle/qsma/QsmaDataReports.class from qsma.jar to back up

run jar -xf... then save extracted class file as e:\oracle\qas\920\.patch_storage\9683644
oracle\qsma\QsmaDataReports.class_qsma.jar_pre_9683644

chdir to e:\oracle\qas\920/.patch_storage/9683644/

system command : e:\oracle\qas\920/jdk/bin/jar -xf e:\oracle\qas\920\rdbms\jlib/qsma.jar oracle/qsma/QsmaDataReports.class

e:oracleqas920/jdk/bin/jar: not found

chdir back to E:\

extract oracle/qsma/QsmaFileManager.class from qsma.jar to back up

run jar -xf... then save extracted class file as e:\oracle\qas\920\.patch_storage\9683644
oracle\qsma\QsmaFileManager.class_qsma.jar_pre_9683644

system command : e:\oracle\qas\920/jdk/bin/jar -xf e:\oracle\qas\920\rdbms\jlib/qsma.jar oracle/qsma/QsmaFileManager.class

chdir back to E:\

extract oracle/qsma/QsmaDataManager.class from qsma.jar to back up

oracle\qsma\QsmaDataManager.class_qsma.jar_pre_9683644

system command : e:\oracle\qas\920/jdk/bin/jar -xf e:\oracle\qas\920\rdbms\jlib/qsma.jar oracle/qsma/QsmaDataManager.class

Regards,

Adrian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Adrian,

As you know, Oracle 9 is a long way back and most are already on Oracle 11g I guess the question is, "why are you installing any interim patch on the Oracle 9i system at all?". Since it has worked fine for so many years why are you updating it now? If you notice the OPATCH uses a delivered java/jar usually in the $ORACLE_HOME/jdk/bin. As you can see, your error is "e:oracleqas920/jdk/bin/jar: not found".

Is the correct ORACLE_HOME for your system "e:oracleqas920"? That does not look correct even for a windows environment. Are you missing the slashes in the $ORACLE_HOME evironment variable which should really be E:\ORACLE\QAS\920? That's what looks a bit inconsistant right now.

Good Luck,

Mike Kennedy

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

Yes, that is the exact patch we got.

cd $ORACLE_HOME/OPatch

opatch version

I've upgraded the OPatch version to the latest version: 1.0.0.0.57 (as per read me file of the patch, the minimum is 1.0.0.0.55).

cd $ORACLE_HOME/OPatch

opatch lsinventory

C:\Program Files\MKS Toolkit\mksnt>E:\Oracle\QAS\920\OPatch\opatch.pl lsinventory

Oracle Interim Patch Installer version 1.0.0.0.57

Copyright (c) 2006 Oracle Corporation. All Rights Reserved..

Regards,

Adrian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok. So following the directions in the readme.html, follow the pre-installation steps. Is your perl version correct per the steps? Then what happens when you:

cd 9683644

opatch apply

Sincerely,

Mike Kennedy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mike.

The database is a little bit archaic because the SAP version is even older than 4.6c. The database was just recently upgraded from Oracle 8. This is why we think we need the latest oracle 9 interim patch. Let's just say we are the few who loves to drive classic cars :).

The SAP is up and running without the interim patch so I assume all environment variable should be fine. I checked ORACLE_HOME to be E:\ORACLE\QAS\920. We also have the latest version of OPatch.

I really don't know where the OPatch is getting the parameter e:oracleqas920. We already tried specifying the jdk as explained in note 640910 (eg . opatch.pl apply E:\9683644 -jdk E:\Oracle\QAS\920\jdk). The jdk is version 1.3 and is part of the oracle 9 installation.

Regards,

Adrian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Adrian,

I love the classic cars, especially the 69 camaro Problem is finding a mechanic that can remember how to work on them

Now as for the patch, is it correct to assume that you downloaded the 48 Mb file 9208_Patch30_WINNT.zip from:

software downloads -> Database Patches -> Oracle -> Oracle 32-Bit -> Oracle 9.2.0.8 32-Bit -> NT_I386 -> 9208_Patch30_WINNT.zip?

What happens when you:

cd $ORACLE_HOME/OPatch

opatch version

What is the output?

Also if you do

cd $ORACLE_HOME/OPatch

opatch lsinventory

What's the output? I'm looking for the OUI version in that output.

Sincerely,

MIke Kennedy