cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failure in session communication between dispatcher and server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

Our customer is complaining that sometimes potal freezes and this resulted in all users being prevented from using the system for that period. Then it comes back again automatically after 10 minutes.

The error that I can see in defaultTrace.0.trc file is :

Failure in session communication between current dispatcher and server with ID 1446550. Cannot send request to the server. Sending notification message for disconnected client failed.

com.sap.engine.frame.cluster.message.DestinationNotAvailableException: Participant 1,446,550 is not available.

ClusterException: Invalid wait on message server connect

Anyone having any idea about this.

Thanks & Regards,

Kanchan M

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is most likely to be a problem related to the maximun amount of connections reached. check parameter ms/max_clients as far as I know default is 300 so if its set to default increase the value an monitor the system

regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Juan,, will try that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you please explain it in a little detail, as i am not able to find any documentation on why this problem occurs and how we can avoid this by increasing the message server connections. Is there any SAP Note for this.

I need this as i need to convince the customer why we need to increase the value.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

If I am not wrong ,the parameter is " rdisp/tm_max_no ' . Please correct me..

If the parameter is " rdisp/tm_max_no " then there is a sap note..

Note 22099 - "maximum number of connected terminals reached"

Regards

Bhuban

RKFL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The parameter is ms/max_clients which needs to be increased in SCS profile. Let me know if anyone has any detailed information regarding this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Thanks.. Just to confirm.. this change can be made in SCS profile from os level only using vi editor, it cant be changed through RZ10.

Am i right.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you can see the profile on RZ10 you can change it there or you can change it at OS level. In anycase this is not a dynamic parameter so you need to bounce the system.

Hope it helps

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont see my SCS profile in RZ10, it has only 3 Start, default and instance profile. SO guess i have to change it from OS level only.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That should do

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Even after increasing parameter problem continued.

Checked Note 1016241 - J2EE Engine hangs because of unsufficient system threads. It says increasing the MaxThreadCount in Global Dispatcher Config.

Current setting is:

MaxThreadCount

70 custom , default is 200

Note suggests seeting the value to Deafult, java heap memory is 2 GB in our system, will that be enough for accomodating 200 threads ?

How can i analyse how much heap memory is used/free currently ?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes...

michael_ruth3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you stop and start SAP after making the change in RZ10?

Cheers,