cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interval in ATP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can we set intervals in ATP settings. I want receiver channel to get activated after every 1 hour. Is it feasible using single ATP configuration.

One more question I had was what if a sender channel is writing into a file and the sender channel is stopped through ATP at the same moment. For an example, My sender channel is schedule to stop at 1.00 PM and at the same time the channel is writing into a file. Will it write the full data and then stop or it will write partial data before it stopped.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

File receiver channel never do a hard stop. That is, if the channel is writing into a file and the same time the channel should suppose to stop due to ATP settings. Then, it will first complete writing into the file and then it will become inactive.

Regards,

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

Did you manage to configure ATP for channel on hourly basis?

Thanks,

Indu K.

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bharathi,

Can we set intervals in ATP settings. I want receiver channel to get activated after every 1 hour. Is it feasible using single ATP configuration

yes you can set ATP settings for your channel.Why do you want to schedule receiver channel ...you need to schedule ATP for sender channel ....if the sender channel is scheduled the channel picks the file according to the schedule and process the file through the receiver channel....

If sender channel is idle during non availability the source file will not pick and process the file through receiver channel....

>>>>One more question I had was what if a sender channel is writing into a file and the sender channel is stopped through ATP at the same moment. For an example, My sender channel is schedule to stop at 1.00 PM and at the same time the channel is writing into a file. Will it write the full data and then stop or it will write partial data before it stopped.

If i understand correctly the sender channel will not write the file..if yes please explain in detail....

Sender channel picks the file completely though the channel is about to stop it will proces the file ....if partial file is picked it will not delete/Archive the file from source directory....Again the file gets picked up in the next available time schedule....

Regards,

NAVEEN.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry,

My second doubt was on receiver channel configured on ATP

Regards,

Amol

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

its not possbiel to configure sigle ATP rule for your sender and receiver channels.

if you want to do ATP for Receiver you can do it very much.

Regards,

Raj

former_member854360
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Can we set intervals in ATP settings. I want receiver channel to get activated after every 1 hour. Is it feasible using single ATP configuration.

Hi its possible.

Please check the link where same requirement has been implemented [ATP|http://www.saptechnical.com/Tips/XI/PollingvsATP/Index.htm]

But we dont schedule receiver channel normally. we schedule the sender channekl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Debashish,

The link doesnt say about scheduling channel on a regular interval using ATP. I dont think it is possible with a single rule.

Regards,

Amol

former_member854360
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi AMOL,

If you want to poll in every 15 minutes thenm in sender channel set the Poll interval as 15 min(156060 second) .

No need for ATP.

You can also see Externel control to start and stop channel in the below blog

/people/william.li/blog/2007/05/04/control-communication-channels-externally-without-using-rwb

second Question:

If your channel is stopped during message processing then it will throw channel stopped exception

Since you have ATP on receiver side the message is already in PI adapter engine and trying to deliver to File Comm. channel which is not there means stops. So ultimately it tries for 3 times and then it goes to system error. Once it is in system error then you ahve to manually retrigger once again.

Please see this thread for a same kind of discussion.