Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign task in notification

muhamed_faisal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dears

Is it possible assign the task automatically from response profile to the item level

I am able assign task automatically(EDIT>TASK>DETERMINE) for the header level task

Now if i want to assign the task in Item level(not immediate task) what i need to do??

Faisal

Edited by: Muhamed Faisal on Jul 27, 2011 2:47 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

Well, I donu2019t think it may be feasible. As per my understanding following could be the reasons for this.

1. Since assignment of task with reference to response profile is possible only if you choose priority in the notification.

2. This functionality finds its application where, you plan few tasks based on its priority only and not as per item level parameters.

3. For an example, if the priority is high, your immediate actions would be hold the existing stock and segregate. This would be common for all materials.

4. But if we think about item level tasks, these tasks may vary item wise, defect wise and cause wise.

5. Hence we cannot flow them at item level.

Regards,

Anand Rao

muhamed_faisal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rao

Thank you for the reply

the user exit QQMA006 from the documentation it is telling that we can automate task assigment

Have you ever experience this type of any user exit

pls share if it has

Faisal

Edited by: Muhamed Faisal on Jul 28, 2011 4:03 PM

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Faisal,

Well, kindly excuse me. I never explored this user exit.

With the help of this user exit I think system will fetch predetermined tasks based on priority. Still I am doubtful whether these will be item wise or not!

If you want to build some logic based on this exit, in order to fetch tasks at item level, I think it would be cumbersome exercise. I believe tasks at item level are defect and cause specific. How come system will identify if your defect is damage you have to initiate task as operator training?

May be you need to maintain somewhere perhaps in new Z table, the combination of defects and tasks. Then only this user exit may work.

Have happy week end!

Regards,

Anand Rao

Answers (0)