cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change sold-to party VA02 -> XD02 supply company code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone

I am in the editing or creation mode of an order (VA01/VA02) and want to change the data of the sold-to party. Therefor i use the 'Display sold-to party'-Icon in the order (F6) to jump to the customer change dialog (XD02).

I get the message "Customer XXXXXXXX has not been created for company code XXXX" and the message is correct, cause in the XD02 dialog the company-code field is initialized with the wrong company code.

For example:

The order is created for sales organization 0300 and company code 0300 and the sold-to party is also created for these. But if i jump to the 'customer change'-Transaction useing the button in the oder (F6) the sales-organization-inputfield is initialized with 0300 and and the 'company code'-field is initialized with 0100.

While debugging i saw that the called transaction XD02 determines the company code useing GET PARAMETER ID 'BUK' FIELD rf02d-bukrs, but the parameter was never set by VA02/VA01.

How can i teach the VA01/VA02 to supply the company code to the called transaction (XD02)?

Kind regards

Markus

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

gomatheeswaran_palaniappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pl clarify on the following points:-

1> When you click F6 in sales order after entering sold to party, it will not take you to XD03 screen rather it should be VD03. So how did you get the extension error message?

2> Have you provided any sales org in the initial screen where we usually give order type and sales area? From there sales org would've come in order header. Based on the mapping of sales org to company code in SPRO, company code would ve been determined. (Hope you have one to one mapping)

3> If you have not provided any sales area in the initial screen, it would've prompted you to select the sales area from the available list of sales areas.

Since you are not entering into the company code view of customer from sales order, it is not necessary to supply company code from order to XD02.

Regards,

P Gomatheeswaran

former_member188027
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to XD01 and gain extend the Customer for required Company Code and sale area. And if you already created SO then amaind the Customer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Well as far is know a sales order will not require any company code data. So there is no need to feed va01 /va02 from xd02. You can create a sales order for customer, whom you have created using vd01. So company code data is not required while preparing sales order. Only sales area data is required. Company code data is required in delivery and billing only.