cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A/C assignment reference

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a/c cat.ref 0001 to 0005 for various material types but due to some requirement we want to merge all the a/c cat ref to 0001.what will be effect after doing?

Thanks in advanc

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have records which refer to say 004, then I guess the system wont allow you to merge all 5 A/c assignment reference to one.

I guess u need to first set these records reference to 001 and then merge the 5 assignment reference.

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Tanveer.

<b>Please mark helpful answers</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

MERGER CAN BE DONE I HAVE DONE IT EARLIER I WISH TO KNOW WHAT ARE THE REPERCUSSIONS/ INCONSISTENCIES WE WILL FIND?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad ,

Further to Sambhaji's explaination , if you have merged 5 a/c categories (0001 to 0005 ) of SAP R/3 with One in MDM ( 0001 ) then it will only affect your search function with respect to a/c assignment category within MDM and possibly reporting will be incorrect.

Regards

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

YES!!!REPORTING WILL BE INCORRECT!!!EXCEPT REPORTING NOTHING WILL AFFECT THE APPLICATION.

THANKS

Prasad Hanumara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

The purpose of account category reference is basically to assign valuation classes to material types.

That means Valuation classes are assigned to Account category reference and that account category reference is assigned to the material types. During material creation, system proposes you the valuation classes assigned to the account category reference assigned to the material type of the material you are creating.

Now coming to your question, if you merge account category reference from 5 different a/c category ref. to one, for all those material types system will propose the same valuation classes while creation.

Hope I have answered your question.

Kindly Mark helpful answers.

Thanks and Regards,

Sambhaji