Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiver SOAP

deva_gembali2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have a scenario like SAP IDOC/PROXY to SOAP, send request to XI, target will return back status so that we have to update in SAP.Please help me.

1. Which method is better ? IDOC ==> SOAP or PROXY ==> SOAP ?? how can we follow ?

2. I have now external definitions for SOAP side, but not WSDL. So am i required wsdl compulsary for SOAP response ?

3. If required, Who will provide me wsdl ? i hope we can create wsdl at integration directory but this is for Sender SOAP only right?

4. With external definitions(.XSD files) for SOAP adapter side, can we manage this interface ?

Thanking you...

Deva

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> 1. Which method is better ? IDOC ==> SOAP or PROXY ==> SOAP ?? how can we follow ?

>

> Deva

Since you need to get back the response from SOAP\webservice and update SAP, go with proxy. reason being Idoc is asynchronous, so in this case, you will have issues in getting back the response to SAP if your sender is Idoc. With proxy, your scenario will be Proxy <>XI<> SOAP and the scenario will be a synchronous one.

> 2. I have now external definitions for SOAP side, but not WSDL. So am i required wsdl compulsary for SOAP response ?

>

> 3. If required, Who will provide me wsdl ? i hope we can create wsdl at integration directory but this is for Sender SOAP only right?

> 4. With external definitions(.XSD files) for SOAP adapter side, can we manage this interface ?

> Deva

You will need the wsdl\xsd from the SOAP receiver which you need to consume in PI. This will contain the req\respose structure. Technicallly, the Receiver should provide you with this.

The XSD that you have, also check if this contain both req\resp structures.

Regards

deva_gembali2
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Shiladitya,

I understood the situation.

Finally i want to know , i have all .XSD files ( receiver XSD, error XSD file ) but all are individual XSD files .Eventhough, shall i need wsdl file ? Just to ask receiver ?

Please confirm me .

Regards,

Deva

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That is sufficient, develop your scenario.

former_member854360
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

is this XSD given by your web service provider? Then it will work no need for WSDL

deva_gembali2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rajsekhar,

How can they send status message to me immediately? Will they check message before sending status or system generated?

My understaing , i am expecting the status like "Rejected " or " Accepted". after validating the data ? For validation at receiver side, it may take some time right, so it shouldn't be synchronous case right ?

Regards,

Deva

deva_gembali2
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, all XSD files given by Receiver. Can i use at message interface directly without WSDl right ?

Deva

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes.

former_member854360
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You can go with

Synchronus proxy<----

>SOAP.

If you are connecting with any WebService.

Then web service provider will give you the WSDL.

In WSDL you will find all the request and response structure for every actions/Methods that the WebService supports.