cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP End user to SAP Basis

0 Kudos

Hi All

My self Raj, presently working as PDM Engineer ( SAP End user ) in Hewlett Packard and have 2 year of experience in the same field. Now, i am planning to make a career in SAP Basis administration as very much interested in admin side. I Just want to know how is the career shift from End user to Basis administration or Consultant. Can you suggest some good institutes in Bangalore or in Delhi & its duration, fees etc,.. And also want to know how my present experience will help me in doing a course?

Waiting for valuable suggestion.

thanks in advance.

Regards,

Raj

Edited by: sharan6383 on Jul 26, 2011 8:13 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

From my experience, becoming an SAP Basis administrator without any system admin experience meant that there was a lot to learn! Therefore be prepared to spend a couple of years getting up to speed. However, any previous experience at using SAP will help you.

As suggested by Atin, the SAP courses are a good way to learn and being in a classroom environment means you can ask lots of questions. They can be expensive. In my experience, the following courses are worth going on to get a good introduction (depending on whether the systems you will work with will be ABAP, Java or a mixture of the two):

ADM100 - ADMINISTRATION AS ABAP I

ADM102 - ADMINISTRATION AS ABAP II

ADM200 - ADMINISTRATION AS JAVA 7.0

Also, a while back I read the following book. Although a lot of the content I already knew from on-the-job experience, it gave a good overview of SAP Basis administration and I wish it had been available when I first started learning!

http://www.sap-press.com/products/SAP-NetWeaver-AS-ABAP-System-Administration.html

I hope this helps. Although there is a lot to learn, this is also what makes the job interesting!

Regards.

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have any system administration experince (Unix/Windows/Database) will help. I would suggest to go for the training and certiication from SAP though it might be bit costly. Pls check with SAP Education Service for the training schedule, location, cost and course content.