Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUA - User creation issue

former_member759680
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I just created a new user in CUA and it was successfully created in 5 satellite systems, but it was not created in 1.

I checked SCUL and the logs show that the user was successfully created in the corresponding satellite system.

Recipient(s) CRSCLNT400 26.07.2011

USER O 0000000000369518

PROFILE O 0000000000369530

ACTGRP O 0000000000369540

I have checked all RFC related functions to confirm that it is pointing to the right satellite system and the settings and authorizations are correct.

Could you please suggest what could be the cause and what should I check in the child system?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the UserID in child system that user exists or not.

If in the child you find that user doesnu2019t exist then user is not created.

Make sure that when you created the users there were no space etc.

Check in child system via last name. If it doesnu2019t exists then there is a problem with the Idocs in CUA.

After creation of user check the Idoc status via Scul (status are 02,03,12,30 etc 51 failed).

Check the user new ids whether those are created in CUA and are reflecting in child or not.

Regards,

Vinod.

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the UserID in child system that user exists or not.

If in the child you find that user doesnu2019t exist then user is not created.

Make sure that when you created the users there were no space etc.

Check in child system via last name. If it doesnu2019t exists then there is a problem with the Idocs in CUA.

After creation of user check the Idoc status via Scul (status are 02,03,12,30 etc 51 failed).

Check the user new ids whether those are created in CUA and are reflecting in child or not.

Regards,

Vinod.

0 Kudos

@Vinod,

I have posted my question in detail, to avoid posts that recommend the basic checks that you have suggested.

I have already checked all of your recommendations and they are all fine.

Additionally, I checked BD87 in the child system.

I am able to see that particular user is successfully processd in BD87:

Role assignment to user VEGL changed

Additionally, I can see the user data in USR04 of the child system.

But the user is not there in SU01 or in USR02

This seems really odd.

0 Kudos

User groups could be problem. User groups in central system and the child systems should be consistent. If the user group assigned to this user does not exist in child system then user will not get created. Also if i remember correctly output device caused few issues as well.

0 Kudos

It was the Output Device.

Thanks!!!!

But is this always the issue, if the output device/user group doesn't exists in the child system, the user is not created?