cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message status while communication channel is stopped

mark_meilleur
Participant
0 Kudos

I am working on implementing availability times for communication channels, and it is working as intended. However, if I try to send a message thru a stopped channel, it throws a system error because the channel is stopped. Once it starts again at the scheduled time, the message is processed as it should.

My question is this: We use solution manager for monitoring PI and sending alerts for message errors. Is there a way so that this particular type of "error" does not trigger an alert? I am trying to implement this logic to prevent the alerts we currently receive when our partner's system is down at regular times on a nightly basis. If I stop the channel, all I'm getting (so far) is a different type of alert and I'd like to eliminate these altogether.

Can the message just go to a "waiting" status instead of "system error"?

Thank you for any help you can give.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

How will the stopped channel throws an error ...if i understand correctly the stopped channel will not be able to process/pick the message ...

it would be able to process the file when the channel is available at perticular schedule...

could you pls explain in detail

Regards,

Naveen

mark_meilleur
Participant
0 Kudos

The message log in RWB shows these messages:

Audit Log for Message: e0b6f297-b8dd-3af1-9868-001517689fc6

Time Stamp Status Description

25.07.2011 14:16:35 Success Message successfully received by messaging system. Profile: XI URL: http://..

25.07.2011 14:16:35 Success Using connection SOAP_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System. Trying to put the message into the receive queue.

25.07.2011 14:16:35 Success Message successfully put into the queue.

25.07.2011 14:16:35 Success The message was successfully retrieved from the receive queue.

25.07.2011 14:16:35 Success The message status set to DLNG.

25.07.2011 14:16:35 Success Message selected to be processed again when the receiver channel is started

25.07.2011 14:16:35 _+Error_+ Delivery of the message to the application using connection SOAP_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System failed, due to: com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.RetryControlException: Channel stopped by administrative task.: com.sap.aii.af.service.administration.api.cpa.CPAChannelStoppedException: _+Channel stopped by administrative task.._+

25.07.2011 14:16:35 Error The message status set to NDLV.

Then, once the channel restarts:

25.07.2011 15:00:00 Success Admin action: Trying to redeliver message

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Check the note#1590402 which resolves your issue.

Regards,

naveen

mark_meilleur
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Naveen, but this note did not resolve the problem. In fact, it seems to have adversely affected the availability planning maintenance screen as well, but I can work around that (and report it to SAP).

I'm still getting the same message, and upon rereading the note, it seems to be describing a slightly different scenario.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

dominique_remy3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Mark,

Did you find a solution for your problem as we have the same issue in my company ?

Thanks in advance for your input,

Dom