cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FileUpload - Virus Infected File

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I searched forum but did not find any satisfactory response and hence this post. We are asking external parties to upload a file, which is read by WDJ using FileUpload UI. onActionFielUpload method is triggered where the FileUpload UI picks up the user selected file and store in the Web Dynpro application's context.

The question here is : We are just reading a virus infected file and it is in context, is it possible that it can harm the server (even though we are not really running the file) and just reading and extracting data.

Plesae advice.

Regards,

Anup Batra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the OS? If ur portal is on unix/linux it will not have impact.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Viruses occur (mostly) in Windows env but not on (least or minimal in) unix/linux etc.

You can check if MacAfee or Nortron etc is available for unix, try to analyze why they are not avilable for unix.

Edited by: Yugandhar Reddy on Jul 26, 2011 1:38 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

OS is Unix. But is 'OS' deteremine the whether infection can spread or not? What about windowd?

Cheers,

Anup Batra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for replying. I am aware about virus scanning options available with SAP but my question is :

We are just reading a virus infected file and it is in context, is it possible that it can harm the server (even though we are not really running the file) and just reading and extracting data.

So with reading a file, we need a virus scanning option.

Cheers,

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Anup,

You can check this weblog on Self Starter Virus Scan Server for CE 7.1

/people/lokesh.malik/blog/2010/12/07/implement-self-starter-virus-scan-server-for-sap-ce71-ehp1-java-specific-configuration

Regards,

Ganesh N

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos