cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC Data extraction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have a situation in my department where I need to extract the ECC data to third party database (MS SQL). Initially we were thinking of using SAP BW extractors for extraction through SAP PI to push the data out but this doesn't seem to be feasible. Is this a fair assessment of the situation?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shiker,

You canot use a BW Extractor for your requirement.

The options you have are

1) IDOC to JDBC : Check if you have a standard IDOC that you can use to get the data from Ecc to PI and then map it to the target database structures using JDBC adapter.

2) ABAP proxy to JDBC : If there is no IDOC then go for an ABAP proxy (Outbound) to select your data using ABAP code and send it to PI system, where you can map to a JDBC structure to update the MSSQL database.

Technically you can use a couple of other options (Like RFC sender or Enterprise Services) but they one the above options should be sufficicent for your requirement.

Best regards,

ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ravi for your help. So the IDOC interface will be a real time interface as per my understanding? Is PI capable of handling huge volumes of data populated concurrently?

Regards

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Is PI capable of handling huge volumes of data populated concurrently?

if your PI server has enough hardware support then yes PI can handle high volumes of data.

but IDOC is known to be a resource consuming option when you have to handle huge volumes of data (frequently).