cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Language Translation in Smartforms - SE63

0 Kudos

Hi All. I have succesfully translated a smartform from English to Portugues, but as soon as i have done text changes to my smartform and activate it, and done the translation for the changes, the previous changes dissappers and revert to the first/original translation,,,do i need to do anything when adding text after. Let me explaine with an example:

Example: I have translated the word 'Date' the first time to 'Data'... everything fine. Now i change the word 'Date' to 'Date from' , so i ammend the translation, for 'Date from' to' Data ex'...evrything still fine. Now if i change anyhthing, except text,in my smartform(eg:Name of a window) and activate the smartform....the translation revert back to just 'Data'..the original translation.

Is there something i miss.

Thanks in advance you all.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

this is kinda a phenomenon.

Phenomenons arise a lot when you simulateously have opened a form through TA smartforms AND SE63.

I´m not a 100% sure that this will solve your problem, but please avoid having both open. just close your smartforms TA when goinf to se63 and vice versa.

Í cant recall what went wrong when i did that but i know there were some fatal things giving me headaches.

0 Kudos

Thanks Florian....You are correect....doing it seperately solve the problem.....keep well ad have a good day.

I refered to Note 392002

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This will happen when the translation is done through SE63. After activating the transaltion, if you make any change in the original form the translation will be reverted. The only solution to this problem is that open original form and SE63 simultaneously, make the change in the original form and activate both original form and SE63. Please ensure to keep opened the translation in SE63 before you make the change in the original one.

Regards,

Shanly

0 Kudos

Thanks Shanly...problem solved by Florian and Note 392002...thanks for your input. Have a good day.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

did u did the chnages in the orginal language

regards

m.a

Former Member
0 Kudos

No ..I have done the changes I have done no changes to text...the changes was done to the Name of the window.....and after Save and Activate...the Translation revert back to the first Text translation.

Thanks