cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUP MBO Development - Web Service Authentication

Former Member
0 Kudos

My understanding of .NET authentication is very limited so please be gentle if this is completely obvious....

Can anyone provide an example of how to create an MBO from a sharepoint webservice that requires authentication? The sharepoint server I am attempting to hit requires domain credentials and using these valuse in the basic http credential options don't work. Has anyone out there successfully integrated SUP with a secured Sharepoint data source? If so can you explain the authentication model your sharepoint server is using and how you got SUP to authenticate when you created ther MBO?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Even if I open up vtibin to anonymous authentication, when I attempt to create an MBO for query.asmx I get an invalid response back. If anyone has gotten this to work I would appreciate some guidance. I'm beginning to think that web service integration in SUP is not fully mature yet.

0 Kudos

Experiencing same problem: can't consume web service exposed by SharePoint due to authentication problems: "Transport error: 401 Error: Unauthorized"

From sybase workspace I can reach web server, web service has been successfully added as data source (in enterprise explorer), contained methods are correctly shown.

Nevertheless, MBO wizard stops when it try to call web service.

"Basic HTTP authentication" has been flagged, already used DOMAIN\USERID and USERID@DOMAIN; credentials are correct.

No change up to know.

Any help is appreciated!!

Best regards

Massimiliano

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.