cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URL Iview is not open a new Window in FireFox

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

After we upgrade our portal to NW 7.0 EHp2 SP6 , we can not open the URL Iviews in Firefox.

It looks like can't force the iview to open a new window and instead it open a new tab , Any suggestion?

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think SP11 contains Firefox support.Please check it and confirm.

Regards

Bhuban

Former Member
0 Kudos

I download the Fire Fox 3.5 but not a chance! , base of the PAM , Firefox 3.5 is supported for NW 7.02 SP6 but for some reason , portal turn the very simple URL iview to a Javascript , any idea why?

it doesn't do this in IE or Safari just in Fire Fox

Any experience or solution?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please check the following SAP note.

Note 1116118 - Portal DSM not working with Firefox 2.0.0.8 or higher

Regards

Bhuban

dao_ha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mar,

To me, the PAM mentioned Firefox 3.5 is not recommended for NW 7.0 Ehp2 - Firefox 3.6 is supported for NW 7.0 Ehp2 starting with SPS6.

Anyway, if it works in IE & Safari, I don't think it has anything to do with the portal; it's something in Firefox settings. As mentioned before, did you check the option to open new links in new windows? Also, please checkSAP Note 1296463 and its related notes about browsers to see if there's something relevant to your case.

Regards,

Dao

dao_ha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mar,

You should check the PAM to see if your browser platform is supported. For NW 7.0 Ehp2 SPS6, you'd need Firefox 3.6. Also, check if the option "Open new windows in a new tab instead" is flagged in your Firefox.

Hope it helps.

Dao

Edited by: Dao Ha on Jul 25, 2011 3:03 PM