cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintain JCo Destinations === System Defined Content list

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am testing the WD JCo Destinations, as per Note 983156.

I am having only two (2) "System Defined Content" elements:

a) BI_METADATA, and

b) BI_MODELDATA

1) Both thes entries have INVALID (red light) status, how can I validate them ?

2) I am suppose to have two (2) more entries into the "System Defined Content" sources:

=== WD_ALV_METADATA_DEST

=== WD_ALV_MODELDATA_DEST

How can I add them ?

Best regards,

Tom

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

A job well done!

dao_ha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

1. Are their status Invalid because they failed the tests or because they were not created (which columns are available for these JCos)? If they were not created (only the Create is available) then just click on the Create link and follow the steps. After you created a JCo, you should have the Create column greyed out and the others (Preview, Edit, Test, Ping, Remove) become available. You can then do the Test.

2. Click on the Create button (after the dropdown box Define Source) to add a new JCo.

Hope it helps.

Dao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dao, thank you for your reply!

I had reset the password for j2ee_admin and that's why it was failing, for the existing/defined JCo destinations.

But it is failing when trying to create the WD_ALV_METADATA_DEST one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is the error I am getting:

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Exception while creating JCo client connection Failed to create new JCO client connection WD_ALV_METADATA_DEST : com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.exceptions.WDRuntimeException: Failed to change password for key WD_ALV_METADATA_DEST in secure storage at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.wdc.sl.SecureStorageWrapper.changePassword(SecureStorageWrapper.java:149) at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.wdc.sl.SystemLandscapeFactory.createJCOClientConnection(SystemLandscapeFactory.java:299) at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.sal.sl.api.WDSystemLandscape.createJCOClientConnection(WDSystemLandscape.java:107) at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.tools.sld.ButtonBar.onActionFinish(ButtonBar.java:265) at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.tools.sld.wdp.InternalButtonBar.wdInvokeEventHandler(InternalButtonBar.java:265) at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.generation.DelegatingView.invokeEventHandler(DelegatingView.java:87) at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.controller.Action.fire(Action.java:67) at

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Best regards,

Tom

dao_ha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

Did you also update the j2ee_admin password in the secure storage (using configTool)?

Regards,

Dao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Dao, I did!

By the way, I see that the JCo Destinations are done in client '000', is it the correct way to do it ?

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

Please check the SLD Data supplier and SLD test. May be j2ee_admin userid password used in it.

Refer to Document for BI. [click here|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/00c4742a-3a4b-2b10-b4ae-b03d08bcde6e?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true]

[System Landscape Directory Process and JCo Configuration|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c0c1d495-048e-2b10-babd-924a136f56b5?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true]

Hope it will helps

Best Regards

Arun Jaiswal

dao_ha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

I would use the actual client of the backend system that you're trying to connect and get data from.

You'll probably need to re-start the j2ee instance to make sure that all connections using j2ee_admin have the new password.

Regards,

Dao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dao, good thinking!

Aftetr restarted the J2EE instance, the issue has been resolved!

One more, last question, and then I 'll close the thread:

While creating a JCo Destination entry, the (default) client is always '000'.

Does it make a difference if I use a different client ?

THANK YOU BOTH!

dao_ha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

Glad to hear that it resolves the issue.

Of course, the default client is '000' but, in the backend system, client '000' wouldn't have any transactional data, would it? You'd need to connect to whichever client, in the backend, that actually produces data.

Regards,

Dao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dao, thanks again!

So you are saying that I have to create the JCo's Destination:

1) BI_METADATA

2) BI_MODELDATA

3) WD_ALV_METADATA_DEST

4) WD_ALV_MODELDATA_DEST

into my client where the data exists (in my case client '100) ?

Best regards,

Tom

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tom

You can create/edit the JCO destination for the client 100 if you are using the SAP system for client 100.

Best Regards

Arun Jaiswal

dao_ha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

I would say yes. Honestly speaking, I doubt if using client '000' would get you the right data, especially when you have multiple clients in your backend system. It also depends on the connection types (SSO, DefinedUser). You'd have to specifiy your SID and client when setting up SSO, certificates, etc. right?

Check out the BI doc Arun mentioned. Also, these blogs might be useful

/people/rajendrakumar.gaikwad2/blog/2010/06/22/sap-netweaver-portal-and-sap-bw-integration

/people/jochen.guertler/blog/2009/06/16/web-dynpro-best-practices-how-to-configure-the-jco-destination-settings

Or, you can try (to use client '000') and let us know

Regards,

Dao

Edited by: Dao Ha on Jul 26, 2011 10:02 AM