cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document Management - Folders

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am new to Solution Manager but have taken it on in order to help my project team implement some of its components; one being Document Management.

Is it possible to create your own folder stucture for DM? Right now, and I don't know if it is because of the way I setup my project (remember, I am new), the folder structre is defaulted. All that I can do is add documents and the functions related to these documents.

Thanks,

Shawn

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you're refering to the structure shown in solar01 transaction, you're able to edit and contruct your own structure by the structure tab.

further info on: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm71_sp01/helpdata/en/45/f697e697c341b2e10000000a11466f/frameset.htm

Now regarding the physical folders containing the documents in the system, you can see how they behave in:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SM/DocumentsinSolar01andSolar02

Kind regards,

Fabricius

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Keep in mind Shawn that your recommendation to the team should be to document the processes with the "folder structure", and not just make it like a sharepoint folder structure.

The top level is you scenario. Some people put End-to-Ends here, like Order to Cash, others use the fucntional silos, such as Finance, BW, HR. I would recommend a combination. HR - Hire to Retire for example. The level below that are your processes, such as Manage New Hires, or Manage Accounts Payable. The level below this is the Process Steps. These are usually all the steps in your process flow diagram. I would recommend a mappiing of 1:1 for process steps to SAP transactions.

Your documents should be stored at the process level. Visio diagrams, design docs, design specs, etc...

good luck.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pay special attention to this line:

I would recommend a mappiing of 1:1 for process steps to SAP transactions.

I cannot stress how critical the quoted factor is , when it comes to managing an implementation, sometimes can prove to be a lifesaver in the clutter of documents/configs/visios/process flows.