cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer of Material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have pushed a Material, Bom, Routing from ERP to ME, I did see Material in ME but as it's components Bom and Routing is not associated with it, do we need to map them in Material Maintenance? will it not be mapped automatically in ME.

Thanks,

Raveen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Raveen,

As far as I remember MM01 transaction must allow you to associate BOM and Routing with Material (so then you can see them configured in Material Maintenance). Please , make sure that BOM and Routing already exist in ME and that Material iDOC has references to BOM and Routing.

Regards,

Alex.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

I have sent the Material using transaction BD10 and Sent BOM and Routing using transaction POIM, well I am bit confused here as you said BOM and Routing should already exists in ME. When I sent the BOM and Routing from ERP should I get them already mapped to the desired material in ME or should I need to map them in Material Maintenance.

Thanks,

Raveen

williamson
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which system is the master for the routing - ECC or ME?

You an use CA01 in ECC to define the routing and assign to material. This can then be transfered to ME with POIM.

Steve

0 Kudos

Hi Raveen,

My point is to send BOM and Routing to ME and only after that to send Material which is mapped to that BOM and Routing.

Regards,

Alex.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think there is a bit confusion about my question.

1. I have created a Material with BOM and Routing in ECC and when I push the Material to ME only material is transferred and not BOM and Routing, then I send the BOM and Routing from ECC to ME and I can see them in ME.

2. After sending Material, BOM & Routing to ME I don't see them mapped to each other in ME, as the BOM and Routing are already maintained for a particular material in ECC and when i send the material to ME i expect to see the Material in ME already mapped to the BOM and Routing.

Thanks,

Raveen

williamson
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. That seems to be working properly. Using POIM you could transfer Material on its own or them all (Material,Routing and BOM) together depending on which fields you complete on the POIM screen.

2. When you created the routing and BOM in ECC the txn asks for the material to attach them to. Did you use the same material as transfered in 1 above?

Did you receive any errors in the mII log after the transfers?

0 Kudos

Hi Raveen,

The scenario seems to be clear. Please note that in ME you can associate Material with BOM and Routing in Material Maintenance only. You cannot map them in BOM or Routing Maintenance. So, as I can see it worked this way:

- You sent a Material to ME, which was mapped to BOM and Routing in ECC. However, that BOM and Routing did not exist in ME at that moment. So, the Material has been created in ME without mapping to BOM and Routing.

- Then you sent BOM and Routing to ME. They have been created. Material has not been mapped automatically to them in ME, which is correct and expected behaviour as you map BOM and Routing for Material object (in Material Maintenance) only.

Now I would suggest sending Material update request to ME once again. As BOM and Routing have already been created in ME, ME should be able to map a Material object to them. Or you can simply map them in Material Maintenance without ECC request.

So, next time you send a Material from ECC to ME, please try to send the associated BOM and Routing first to ME and only then a Material. Or you can try POIM as Steven suggested.

Regards,

Alex.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steven,

Yes I did used the same material while transferring BOM and Routing to ME, is this normal to map the Routing and BOM to Material in ME again , will it not be mapped defaultly? As I see BOM,Routing and Material in ME so i dont see any errors in MII.

Thanks,

Raveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's great Alex, thanks for your explanation.

Regards,

Raveen

Answers (0)