cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export all customer repository objects...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Is it at all possible to export all client dependant objects into a new system?

What we need is to copy all objects that are in the customer namespace, including tables, domains, BADI's, BOR's, etc... EVERYTHING!! Our BASIS tema here does not think it is possible...

You may be asking why we need this - We are migrating HR onto it's own box. To identify all HR objects that need to be migrated is too risky, as we might miss something out, and management would rather have too much than too little.

Obviously we are using propper tools for the actual data migration - Our only problems is getting the customer programs, tables, user-exits, BADI's and all other objects across.

<b>Any suggestions will be appreciated - this is URGENT!</b>

Thanks

PS - Please note that we have considered the following:

- We have 38000 transports in out PROD server, so putting all of these transports into the new HR server is not an option - it will take too long.

- We are busy trying to create a "transport of copies" of all the transports ever put into our PROD server. This is however turning out to be more work than expected - Thousands of object directory entries are missing, and all sorts of syntax errors in the transport are coming up, so this route is probably also too time consuming...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello David,

I think you're mixing up some things:

First you were talking about client dependant objects and second you were talking about tables, domains, etc. These object are client <u>in</u>dependant.

If you're interested in transporting all your customer specific (Z, Y, /<Your Namespace/) <b>repository</b> objects you may consider using the tranport tool which you can access via transaction SE03. Choose the topic 'Include objects in a transport request'.

Regards

J.i.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply J.i.M,

Sorry - I actually meant client independant - must have miss typed...

So will your suggested approach list all objects including user-exits, BADI's, and all the rest..?

Is there an easy way to get these objects into a request? I would hate to have to copy / paste all the object types and names into the "include objects into request" program.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also forgot to ask - The "Objects in Customer Namespace" program only lists objects that have object directory entries. I have noticed that in certain cases, there are objects in the system that DO NOT have the entries, and will therefore be left out of this list - Why would the object directory entries be missing? (Eg: a custom workflow template)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The report has some selection criteria like 'Package' or 'Original system'. E.g. if all your objects where created in this system you can easily get a list of all your objects via this selection. In the screen with the list you have some options to select all, or a subtree and all these objects are insert in a transport request.

(no copy and paste needed)

Answers (0)