Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about NWDS 7.2 Configuration?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm new to NWDS7.2.

I downloaded NWDS7.2 and necessary plug-in. Installation was also fine!

What I want to do: consuming a standard Enterprise Service from a SAP ECC6.0 per Web Service and make a java Web Dynpro App, which will be deployed on a PI 7.10 system.

But I cannot add a new SAP AS Java Instance in it.

I try to make it via path: References --> SAP AS Java I tried to add new SAP System.

But I get always "SAP Instance [Host:xxxx, InstanceNr.: 01] is currently not reachable. I'm in intranet and without proxy setting in network connection.

Anyone has idea how to resolve it? I'm wondering, whether NWDS 7.2 is compatible with PI7.1?

Enviroment of my installation:

Windows XP 32bit, NWDS Standalone

Thanks a lot!

Rene

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>But I get always "SAP Instance Host:xxxx, InstanceNr.: 01 is currently not reachable. I'm in intranet and without proxy setting in network connection

I believe you have some firewall issues to connect from NWDS to SAP. Or make sure host name , instance number are correctly using.

> I'm wondering, whether NWDS 7.2 is compatible with PI7.1?

Yes it is compatible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Baskar,

Thank you for your quick ansower. But you answer is just like the second sentence in the error message. NWDS let me also check the host name and instance number.

A colleague of mine has installed NWDS 7.1 and he fill the same AS Java as what I filled in. It works on his NWDS 7.1, but not on my NWDS 7.2. I don't want to replace 7.2 with 7.1.

Any more helps?

Regards

Rene

Former Member
0 Kudos

According to NWDS download/update site located at [link|https://nwds.sap.com/swdc/downloads/updates/netweaver/nwds/nw/711/update.html] (login required) "The version of the Developer Studio must always match the version of your AS Java."

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I felt that there should be always backward compatible for the older versions in the newer version. That is standard. If not then you have to change to version 7.1 only.

Former Member
0 Kudos

correct.

I installed NWDS7.1 and AS Java is reachable!

thanks!

Answers (0)