Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bulk Authorization field updates

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have a scenario where I need to update values for the 5 fields under five authorization objects for 900 roles.

I can give the 900 list in SUPC t-code and can do update for 5 authorization fields which will be easier way when compared to the updating the each role in PFCG.

But 900 roles update in SUPC t-code will also be a difficult one. I also have similar kind of update for another 1500 roles.

Hence I searching for the way, where I can update the authorization field values by uploading the file which contains the field values which needs to be appended.

Could you please any one suggest if there is any such method in practice?

Regards,

Shankar

Edited by: dhshankar on Jul 25, 2011 3:40 PM

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar,

Option # 1 - Use eCATT scripts - This is a bit tricky, since the screen location of the authorization objects will be at different locations. You need to use the search option with the specific authorization object/field to achieve this.

Option # 2 - See if you can impart the parent/derived role concept. If all the roles are using the same activites/org values.

Option # 3 - Manually modify them, incase if the values needs to be maintained seperately.

Regards,

Raghu

0 Kudos

Raghu wrote

Option # 2 - See if you can impart the parent/derived role concept. If all the roles are using the same activites/org values.

I hate derived roles

Anyhoo...

Wouldn't the auths peep have to create a new parent role and then replicate the org levels in brand new roles and then re-assign and trash the original roles as obsolete? One for a quick check when SAP access is back.

Anyhoo again...

It's probably too late if the roles already exist and I really doubt all of the 900/1500 roles are exactly the same in the menu and/or auths tab so the responsible auth peep who decides to link all of these to a new parent (imparing) edit - I was going to change the spelling to say imparting but maybe it was correct after all edit - role will probably see their day go rapidly downhill during UAT (however that could be achieved) and then want to consider moving jobs and changing their name once it goes 'live'.

Happy trails...

SUPC and grin and bear it - just make sure the costs of the change are reflected in the project scope!

Cheers

David

Edited by: David Berry on Jul 25, 2011 6:33 PM

arpan_paik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why you are out for short cut? Old good PFCG is always best to choose when you have options.