cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pasing Table Data in WSDL Data Connection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using two data connections.The XML Scheme Based and WSDL based for my Adobe Form whcih I design in CRM Document Template.

So when I download the template PDF it already prefills informationfrom SAP using the webservice throgh the XML Schema.

Now the user can make changes to the data and Submit the Application offline. In this case I have a second data connection which is WSDL based and it calls my Webservice for change and submits the data to SAP.

All this works fine as long as my data is simple flat structure based.

Here is what I do.

I drag the fields using the XML scheme data connection.

I create another set of fields(hidden), this is dragged and dropped from the WSDL Data Connection,so its import/export bindings are set.I then bind them with the corresponding visible fields in my form.So whenever user changes any value in the PDF they are automatically taken care by binding in Webservice.

But I am facing problem when i have table data.I can read the specific table data using the XML Scheme and show it using Subfroms in the PDF,

but is there a way I can bind the table data to the runtime binding of the Webservice import/export before the Webservice gets executed?

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks

Sourav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member198445
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have a look at this thread..

[|]

Cheers...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Thanks for the pointer.

The thing is I am able to get the table data into my form and create the Table using "Subforms" in the PDF using my first data connection which is XML Scheme based.

Now I have a second data connection which is WSDL based and this has to execute the Webservice to send back the changes to the form data by filling the information in the form to the Websrvice.

This works for simple data structures by binding(import/Export), but I am not able to bind the table data that is in the form to the Web services tables.

The tabe data is there and I can access it using scripts in the form, but I want this data to be filled in the Web service(may be through some script) and that is where I am stuck.

Thanks and Regards

Sourav

former_member198445
Participant
0 Kudos

Well, in that case the reverse of what is mentioned in the other post might help..

Try using a Pre-Execute (instead of post execute as mentioned in Stefan's blog) event for the Web service . The way to add this new event should not be too different from the way it is done there. This event will be called just before the SOAP call is placed.

In this function, you can then do the following...

1) Loop through your table with data.

2) bind each entry to a corresponding row in the WSDL Request structure..

P.S: I haven't tried this reverse procedure but this should sort out your problem..

Hope this helped..

Good luck..