cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email address appears as asterix

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi experts,

I want to display an email address in a window in SAPSCRIPT. When the form is printed or displayed it is showing asterix instead of the email address.

Why is it? I thought about maybe the field is too long for displaying.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

koolspy_ultimate
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

please check the data type once.and also the field length.

also in the report please check where you wrote the write stmt for the email id.

i.e in side the events etc.

and also please check &GV_ADDRESS&. as said by mr.clemens in the above reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check from where this email address is coming into sap script editor?

If it is coming from any variable (from print program) then check its value and yes sometimes it happens due to a very long field.

Rgs,

Lokesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the debugging the email address seems to be Okay.

It seems if I'm adding a new variable to the print program, it does not take over by the sapscript??

I don't know why... It is defined in the print program, and when the write form is called the values look ok.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check the language of the scripts, confirm once more, are you editing correct script language? Also try to debug the script.

Clemenss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Koroshegy,

It seems if I'm adding a new variable to the print program, it does not take over by the sapscript??

every field defined in the global data or as TABLES in the print program is available in SAPscript form. If the field in program is GV_ADDRESS then it is printed in script using &GV_ADDRESS&. Window and/or paragraph should be wide enough to show it in the font defined.

Regards

Clemens

BTW: asterix is a french comic hero, asterisk is a star *.