cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial No for BOM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends

How can we maintain Serial No. To Component materials, which will be finally part of Finished Product.

So i can trace out the main Product with the help of Seril no. of Component material and vise a versa.

Eg: Finished Product = Motor Cycle

Components = Engine, Battery, Petrol Tank, Carborator etc

Client has a requirement to maintain Serial no to Motorcycle and its Part items (Components) so they can eaisly trace With Motorcyle Serial No: 11AA123456, which Engine No,which Battery no. and which Carboratorn no has been used.

Similarly if they have part No/Component no. they can know in which motorcycle it has been fixed.

I hope i had explained things properly

Looking for your detale reply, as i have tried things at T Code- COIB

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If your daily production of motorcycles are not so much, u can try to create 1 production order for each finished good (motorcycle). This way, when goods posting are done, u can maintain the serial numbers of individual parts that have beeen GI-ed for that production. Same goes when u GR your finished product.

There is also an alternative method, but this is usually recommended for plant maintenance purpose, not for production. Just a suggestion for you anyway, you can create a functional location (IL01) to represent each finished product, and assign equipments (in IE01, parts) with serial numbers into the FL.

To search for your parts/finished product, just run IH01, type in the serial number, and you will get the entire hierarchy (BOM) for your material.

For the 2nd method, in your case, if you have mass quantity of production daily, you can create an upload program or use LSMW to automate the process of creating and assignment the FL and equipment. I'm sure the Production personnel should have their daily BOM attached with serial numbers maintained manually off system.

Hope this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply, I had already maintained 1st part i.e Assigned Serail nos to FERT and HALB, KERT. And also getting the BOM hirearchy with serial number.

My problem is can i trace The FERT material with HALB or KERT serail no.

Ex. Lets we have serial number for Battery which get returned, can we have track that in which motorcycle it has been fixed???

I hope i put my question clearly..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try this Link