SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price conversion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am facing problem in the following issue, could any one have idea on this, please share with me, it would be very help full for me.

Issue:

1) customer should calculate for billing in MMBTU as U.O.M with slab price, but the price key should maintained SCM as U.O.M and meter reading also in SCM.

2) The output should show the consumption to the customer with both MMBTU and SCM. (Closing reading u2013 opening reading)

But as per my understanding, sap wont allow us to convert the price key, ( from scm to mmbtu), am i right?

is any one having the same scenario, please tell me, or any ideas, clues. it would be great full.

cheers..

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

I understand that the relation between MMBTU and SCM is: 1 MMBTU = 25,2 SCM

Using the standar variant QUANTI09 you could divide the quantity in SCM by a factor of 25,2 and obtain the equivalent quantity in MMBTU. Next you do valuated the quantity in SCM (Q_SCM) with a quantity-based price with unit of measurement in SCM (QBP_SCM) and the quantity transformed to MMBTU (Q_MMBTU) is valuated with quantity-based price with unit of measure in MMBTU.

Ex:

Variant - InputOP. 1 - InputOP. 2 - OutputOP. 1

-

QUANTI09 - Q_SCM - FACTOR=25.2 - Q_MMBTU

-

QUANTI01 - Q_SCM - QBP_SCM - AMOUNT_SCM

-

QUANTI01 - Q_MMBTU - QBP_MMBTU - AMOU_MMBTU

Hope this helps somewhat.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos

Hi David,

Thank you very much for your reply, i will try with this, but i am thinking that, if we maintain some operands in MMBTU, system will through as error like maintain all unit of measurement as same.

cheers..