Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DBACOCKPIT job error when running backup job to LAN network folder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all

I have set up a network location through MSSQL Server Management Studio from

Server Objects -> Backup devices

and using SQL Server Managemnt Studio i can backup Full or Log to that network locaion.

When in SAP using DBACOCKPIT i can see the backup device which i defined in the SQL but when i run a job to backup FULL or LOG then i get the following error :

• SQL Job information ******************************

Jobname: SAP CCMS Full DB Backup of master,msdb,GDW [20110725095438-1-095438]

Type: TSQL

DB-Name: GDW

For Run: 20110725 09:54:38

• Job history information *****************************

Stepname: CCMS-step 1

Command: declare @exeStmt nvarchar(2000) exec gdw.sap_backup_databases @dbList=

"master,msdb,GDW",@r3Db="GDW",@bDev="@FisticFULL",@expDays= 27,@jobNam

e= "SAP CCMS Full DB Backup of master,msdb,GDW [20110725095438-1-09543

8]",@bkupChecksum="N",@bkupCompress="N",@bkupType="F",@nativeBkup="N",

@exeDate = "20110725095438",@bkupSim = "N",@format = 0,@init = 0,@bkup

Db = "master",@unload = 0,@exeStmt = @exeStmt OUTPUT

Severity: 15

Duration: 0 hours(s) 0 min(s) 0 sec(s)

Last msg: Executed as user: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM. Must declare the scalar variabl

e "@FisticFULL". [SQLSTATE 42000] (Error 137) Incorrect syntax near t

he keyword 'with'. If this statement is a common table expression, an

xmlnamespaces clause or a change tracking context clause, the previous

statement must be terminated with a semicolon. [SQLSTATE 42000] (Erro

r 319) DBCC execution completed. If DBCC printed error messages, cont

act your system administrator. [SQLSTATE 01000] (Error 2528). The ste

p failed.

<----

End of Job Step History -

>

• Job history information *****************************

any ideas?

thx in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> and using SQL Server Managemnt Studio i can backup Full or Log to that network locaion.

> Last msg: Executed as user: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM. Must declare the scalar variabl

The user NTAUTHORITY\SYSTEM has no permission to do network connections.

Read the section Backing Up to a File on a Network Share from

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms179313.aspx

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Marcus

I went to the link which you mentioned and there is nothing mentioned about hot to give rights to the user NTAUTHORITY\SYSTEM in order to do network backup.

I have done the following:

at server A which i my backup server i have a folder which i have it shared with full permissions for everyone.

At the SECURITY there is also full rights for everyone and for local admins.

From Server B i went to services and i stoped the SQL SERVER service and i set it up to log on with a user which has Administrator rights in the DOMAIN.

From server B i logged on with administrator and i defined at the SQL Server Management Studio at Server Objects -> Backup devices a new backup device with the network path.

The thing is that i have to go with windows explorer to the network location of where i want to do backup in order to put my domain username and password and after i can run the backup by the SQL Server Management Studio.

Do you know where do i need to give authority to NTAUTHORITY\SYSTEM in order for my backup to work from the SAP - DBACOCKPIT?

thx in advance.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> The thing is that i have to go with windows explorer to the network location of where i want to do backup in order to put my domain username and password and after i can run the backup by the SQL Server Management Studio.

So you can't access without that? Do you use UNC names?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Marcus

At the Server Objects->backup devices i define a new backup device and i give the path of:

192.168.10.7\sql\server1\backup.bak

so i dont use UNC.

any other suggestion?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Marcus

you think you can give me a guidance of how we can resolve this NT Authority \ System issue with DBACOCKPIt?

thx in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

have you tried changing the permissions in SQL Enterprise Manager. The permission should be same as <sid>adm and it should be with the same domain.

That might help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello John_ABY

Can you pls guide me how to do that change which you mention in SQL? I am not so aware.

I would appreciate it.

thx in advance.

Answers (0)