cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative stock in 914 Interim Storage Bin.

former_member643572
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

The Scenario is:

I had used 20 packs of FG material of weight 5kg in (process order) to make a bulk material,

So after this material will get stored in Interim Storage 914.

But why it shows -ve qty in 914.

Please help me out to know this Scenario

Thanks & Regards,

Olet Malla

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Always Negative qty in Interim storage type indicates that You have not completed the Warehouse transaction.

In your case you might have created a Process order or Work order then issued the qty by using 261 mvt type whihc created the TR. When the TR is created it takes the Material from Interim storage type 914 - GI Area for Production Orders and creates the Negative quant in the interim storage type. When you convert this TR into TO and once the TO is confirmed the qty will be balanced out so there will not be any Negative quant in 914.

Check whether you have converted TR into TO or whether you have confirmed the TO already.

Edited by: Karthik on Jul 25, 2011 2:34 PM

former_member643572
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear karthik,

What is link between two Interim Storage Type having same material Qty & same batch:

Storage Type BIN QTY

914 1023578(process order no) 22-

922 TR-ZONE 22

Please help me to know this issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Olet Malla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

922 is for Posting change Notice. This can happen during

- Stock Transfer

- Stock Type changes

- Replenishment

In your case I guess it is becoz of replenishement movement type assigned to 914.

Can you explain in detail what you are exactly doing?

Karthik

former_member643572
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Karthik,

I had issued a material from warehouse 252 (FG material warehouse) which i used(Mov 261) in process order to make some other

material .

That is what i can tell you.

Thanks & Regards,

Olet Malla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

What I have explained before is relevant for the process what you are currently doing.

261 Mvt type has the assignment 914 Interim storage type.

Check here for any assignment for storage type 914...

Logistics Execution u2192 Warehouse Management u2192 Activities u2192 Transfers

u2192 Define Stock Transfers and Replenishment Control.

Karthik

former_member643572
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Karthik,

I checked the path as u mentioned.

No Mov Type has been assigned to 914.

So what does it mean.

Thanks & Regards,

Olet Malla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

For your first question about Negative stock in 914 I think you are clear now.

Some more explanation...

The source document for the staging process is always a work order. If you do not use the WM-PP interface, the goods issue posting in Inventory Management (in the SAP R/3 standard system with movement type 261) occurs at the start of the process. The system determines the Warehouse Management movement type that is assigned to this Inventory Management movement type in Customizing (261 in the standard system) and creates a transfer requirement. It also maps the material quantities that are to be picked in the next step as negative quants in an interim storage area, the “goods issue area.” In the standard system, storage type 914 (“GI Area Production Orders”) is preconfigured for these processes. The required materials are removed from storage and brought to the goods issue area using a transfer order. When the transfer order is confirmed,the quants that have been put away in the goods issue area balance out the negative quants.

For the Posting change notice in 922 Please check IMG>LE>WM>Interface>Define posting change notice check whether you have any entries for 261. or any related entries for your process.

Are you getting the stock in 922 at the time of issue by 261? Please explain.

Karthik

former_member643572
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Do you have Link for Whole Posting Change Notification (PCN) for both GR & PGI :

Which describes the exact process after GR(101) & Transfer order for FG goods(Mov 601)

Thanks & Regards,

Olet Malla

Former Member
0 Kudos

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_45b/helpdata/en/c6/f843a14afa11d182b90000e829fbfe/content.htm]