Error in Conversion of Planned order to Production order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I am converting planned order to production order I am getting error

"Planned order 234144 is not to be converted

Message no. CO041

Diagnosis

You tried to convert a planned order in which the conversion indicator has not been set.

System Response

The system does not convert the planned order.

Procedure

Set the conversion indicator (detail screen, make-to-stock production) in the planned order 234144."

So I went to MD12 and activated the conversion indicator. And when I try to convert to PO in CO40 I am getting the below error

You cannot make an assignment to make-to-order stock

Message no. CO684

Diagnosis

The component cannot be allocated to an individual stock because make-to-order production and engineer-to-order production cannot be executed with this order.

A possible cause is that you are trying to create an order with reference to a sales-order/project, where an account assignment to a sales order/project is not allowed in the settlement profile that is assigned to the chosen order type. This is inconsistant.

System Response

The following responses are possible:

Order processing is cancelled.

The system resets the special stock indicator back to the original value.

Procedure

Choose another order type.

So is it like every time I have to go to MD12 for every planned order to be converted to PO and activate the conversion indicator.??

Please teach me the reasond above the two errors.

Regard's,

Uday.

Edited by: uday Kiran 1903 on Jul 25, 2011 8:21 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For first error do you have work scheduling view in the material master for the material if not please extend it..

and here you also can assign the scheduling profile in this view where you can maintain order type as default..

hope may be help full

Regards,

Rav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for your reply.

So is it compulsary that I need to maintain my Workscheduling view and maintain the production scheduling profile and activate the Automatic release indicator in it for my conversion of Planeed orders to PO's..?? because for fiew materials my client is not maintaining Workscheduling profile only.

Regard's,

Uday.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

For material which are manufacturded inhouse needs to be maintained for Work Scheduling view in Material master. Also It is not compulasary to set the automatic release indicator in work scheduling profile. But you have to extend you material to Work scheduling view if manufactured in house.

Also from your query, it seams that you are new for SAP PP, so i suggest you can take the help of your seniors if any available and check the mateial master completely.

Please revert.

Hiren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hiren,

Thanks for your reply,

Yes I am new to SAP PP. Where this BOM release and all be done..??

regard's,

Uday.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

To check the BOM release, go to CS02- Change BOM transaction. Go to Header level and check the BOM status under Quants/Long text view in Validity tab.

Also if you are using REM then Mr. Mangalraj is correct.

For checking the stretagy, You go to MM02 - Change Matrerial master transaction. Go to MRP3 view and chec the Streatgy group. If its MAke to oder then you have to create planned order for sales order. And if you don't want to use MAke to order scanario and yours is MAke to stock scenario then sue strategy related Make to order such as 10, 40 etc....

Also refer the below link. This will be very useful for you as a beginer.

http://www.sapsword.com/home/learn-sap-pp

Regards,

Hiren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hiren,

Thanks for your reply and the link you sent.

I am closing the thread.

Regard's,

uday.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Uday,

Are you working in a REM - repetitive manufacturing scenario? where generally planned orders(which cannot be converted into

production orders ) gets generated after MRP run and further to this direct assembly backflushing is sufficient to perform the

GR,GI and activities.

If my understanding is correct,then check the BOM selection method in MRP4 view,whether any REM profile is maintained in MRP4

view and also in the production version REM allowed check box is set for the particular material.

Is BOM selection method is set as 2 and IF REM profile is maintained and if also REM allowed indicator is set in MRP4 view as well

as in the production version then you cannot convert this into production orders.

In that case you have to use T.code MFBF for peforming production booking(for planned order type - PE)

Check and revert back.

Regards

Mangalraj.S

Edited by: Mangalraj.S on Jul 25, 2011 12:33 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mangalraj,

Thanks for your reply. Yes I am using REM profile and the BOM selection method is maintained as 2. I understood that for REM process we can only do MFBF. And what is all about the second error it's showing. Is that related to Production scheduling profile maintained Workscheduling view..?? and if I maintain Automatic release on creation in profile all my Planned orders generated will be automatically released..??

Please teach me.

Regard's,

Uday.

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Uday,

There is no need to maintain the work scheduling view for the materials produced under REM scenario and there is no concept of

production order creation--->production order release for the REM profile maintained materials.

Mistakenly our forum friend have suggested this to you,which is not required.

Once after MRP run,for the planned orders with order type PE,direct backflush through T Code MFBF is sufficient.

Check and revert back.

Regards

Mangalraj.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

It's not mistake actually he have not mentioned clearly either REM or Discrete obviously any body will thing that while converting Planned order to Production order the error may be..so and so..

for second error try to calculate the cost before release the order and see the log like goto>logs>cost calculation. I think that errors may be related to finance and controlling.

Regards,

Ravi

Edited by: RAVI KUMAR on Jul 25, 2011 9:49 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mangalraj,

Thankyou very much for your reply. I understood the process now. I am closing the thread.

Regard's,

Uday.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Uday,

I think you have to release the BOM for that mateiral. This will automatically sets your Conversion Indicator for planned order. Again for your next error i think you have to chack the Stretagy which you have assigned to that mateiral. As in first look that error is saying you are using Make to order scenario. This will require sales order assignement to the production order and I think you have not created planned order any sales order.

Please check and revert.

Regards,

Hiren