SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Registor Group

Former Member
0 Kudos

While creating the register group for the residential customer how(The logic behind that) to assing registor category with the measuring unit ,and why the measuring unit of cumulative consumption registor and cumulative demand meter r different .

Please suggest ,

Thanks

Anurag

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dhiraj_kathet
Explorer
0 Kudos

Anurag,

Register category simply defines the type of value the register is going to measure. Cumulative consumption register is to store the kWh cosumed by a meter, which you normally see in meters installed at homes, on which your electricity bill is based. Cumulative demad register is to record the "maximum" demand (kW) pulled by a meter at any time during a fixed period of time.

Say, you have consumed 50 kWh of energy in a month, it is recorded by consumption registor.

and your meter can pull a maximum of 2 kW of energy at any time during a month, it is recorded by demand register.

Unit of measurement are to be different as both registers are recording different quantities.

Word "Cumulative" suggests that the meter reading is added each time.

For better understanding go to SAP help portal.

Thanks,

Dhiraj

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

dhiraj_kathet
Explorer
0 Kudos

Anurag,

Register category simply defines the type of value the register is going to measure. Cumulative consumption register is to store the kWh cosumed by a meter, which you normally see in meters installed at homes, on which your electricity bill is based. Cumulative demad register is to record the "maximum" demand (kW) pulled by a meter at any time during a fixed period of time.

Say, you have consumed 50 kWh of energy in a month, it is recorded by consumption registor.

and your meter can pull a maximum of 2 kW of energy at any time during a month, it is recorded by demand register.

Unit of measurement are to be different as both registers are recording different quantities.

Word "Cumulative" suggests that the meter reading is added each time.

For better understanding go to SAP help portal.

Thanks,

Dhiraj

0 Kudos

HI DHIRAJ KATHET !

Thanks for ur valuable information,

but i have an issue that what the reason behind assigning register category to respective dimension and their unit of measurement.

cumulative demand meter and balancing demand METER have the dimension POWER and balancing consumption RESISTER and cumulative consumption register have the dimension ENERGY

Thanks & Regard's

Anurag

0 Kudos

Hi Anurag,

I believe the difference between demand and consumption and thus their corresponding UOM is not clear to you.

Please go through the below link in order to clarify your doubts.

http://www.think-energy.net/KWvsKWH.htm

Initially it helped me a lot.

Let me know if you still have any query.

Regards,

S

0 Kudos

Hi Anurag,

It is always necessary to provide the unit of measurement when you are configuring register group. The unit of measurement is used subsequently during meter reading and in billing. It means if you have configured a register with energy (Kwh), you should enter the meter reading in Kwh and to bill them price value should be used for each kwh unit.

Whenever you are measuring demand, it is measured in KVA (Kilo Volt Ampere) or in KW and those are the unit of measuring power. When you multiply the power with time it becomes energy. So when you are talking about consumption, it means how much power is consumed in a certain time. That is why the consumption is measured in Energy.

Hope it clears your query.

Thanks.

Nirmalya

0 Kudos

Dear Mentor ,

I have to make an consumer bill for parameter KWH,KVAh,KVA,RkVAh,P.F, and for that need to make an register group so Please suggest the Combination in Between the register category ,register identification and his measuring unit , and in Register category for consumption i have cumulative consumption register and Balancing consumption register , can i select Balancing consumption register.

0 Kudos

Hi Anurag,

While you are designing your register groups, try to analyze actual meters at field. Ask business process owners, what are different types of registers they have on field, what are measuring units, what are functions and so on...

After your analysis on actual meter's registers, you can group them and design register groups.

Regards,

Avinash