cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring a Block Step and catching an exception

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can we catch an un-handled exception from an Synchronous step(proxy-send-receive), within a BPM? Can we send the error back to the Sender? How do we go about dealing it when , the process in EOIO mode. having queues...i think such exceptions will lead to queues getting held up..

Thanks & Regards

XA

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

I need to handle unhandled application exceptions .... within the Synchronous SEnd step of the BPM . How do i go a about identifying the exception ? If the proxy fails due to some unhandled application exception , will it be a "System" error as far as XI is concerned? Please share your expertise in handling these sort of application exceptions within SAP PI

Kind Regards,

XA

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just Few cents..

Generally application specific or business related application error messages are handled as fault messages in PI. Unfortunately fault messages cannot be accessed within BPM. So, You can handle the generic exceptions like system errors or so using the exception handler in the block step.

You can specify exception in block and use that exception in the send step and also have a exception handler in the branch to handle this. Hope that helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Baskar, Thanks for ur Inputs..

But as per the help doc,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/33/4a773f12f14a18e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

I can find that

"You can define an exception for each fault message that is defined in the synchronous interface. This exception is thrown when the corresponding fault message is received."

For handling application errors in the Sync Send Step ...

Also, what categories of System Exception can it handle.. for eg. "timeout" like that .. .what other kinds of exception can we specify?

Kind Regards,

XA

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We can use Fault messages in Syn send step,that is for sure.

> Also, what categories of System Exception can it handle.. for eg. "timeout" like that .. .what other kinds of exception can we specify?

I dont think so.

Regards,

Raj

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you need to define an exception and assign it to the send step. then create an exception branch and handle that exception.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/33/4a773f12f14a18e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

If it is an EOIO process, if you handle the exception and continue towards ending the process ideally the queues might not get stuck. Do confirm this.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
> Can we catch an un-handled exception from an Synchronous step(proxy-send-receive), within a BPM? Can we send the error back to the Sender?

Unhandled Exception cuasing Response mapping failed? if it is not then you can send response back to Sender.

the process in EOIO mode. having queues...i think such exceptions will lead to queues getting held up..

\

Yes,mostly it happens.

Regards,

Raj