Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

idoc scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

my interface is soap to idoc scenario.

Interface 1:

my sender A is sending xml message using soap communication channel and it is converted to idoc using idoc adapter and posted in SAP ECC system

for this i need to create rfc destination,configure ports...

when I create partner profile in we20 in SAP ECC sytem, i have to specify the sender partner number which is a logical system of type LS and in the inbound parameters i have to specify the idoc type.

For creating the logical system I used the transaction BD54.

Interface 2:

If another sender say B is sending same XML message and if it has to converted to same Idoc, can i use the same interface 1.

do i need to create partner profiles separately for the sender B by creating separate logical system for this sender B.

For sender B do I need to create separate business service apart from sender A.

Can you please clarify.

Thanks,

Jay.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since you have the same mapping structure for both sender and receiver you dont need to change anything in ESR. But In ID you have to create seperate objects like sender agreement, RD, ID for every sender. That means you will create seperate business service or business component for each sender. Since we configure logical system as business service, you have to maintain different logical system for each sender and so you need to create partner profile WE20 for each logical system. Hope that helps.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Scenario is SOAP->XI->IDOC

In ECC system u are using partner type as LS..i.e.; it is XI system Logical system name and since, your sender system is SOAP which is a third party system it wont have a logical system. And even if Sender B sends xml message, no need to create partner profile.

Since u r giving the partner number as XI logical system name, if there are 'n' messages that are coming from 'n' senders,XI will receive ur messages and sends to ECC.In this case XI system will act as sender to ECC system.

Only the Receiver Determination,Interface Determination,Communication channel,Sender Agreement,Receiver Agreement changes for each sender and receiver combination.

No change in ESR part..u can reuse..

Former Member
0 Kudos

<<do i need to create partner profiles separately for the sender B by creating separate logical system for this sender B.>>

Yes, You have to create partner profile entry in SAP for sender B, since it will have a different logical system.

Thanks,

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You do not need to do any further settings in ECC. The settings done for your first interface will be reused in the second.

However, in PI, you would need to create a new configuration scenario with interface determination, receiver determination etc for the second interface for the new sender system. If the mapping requirements are same, you can reuse the mapping from the first interface.

In this case, you only need to do the ID part for the second interface.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you can use the same interface , but Sender B will have a differnt business service to distingusih b/w A and B , if they are sending two differnt data and its populating differnt fields in IDOC then its upto the ABAP guys to extract the data and create appropriate Functional data out of it....