Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SU10 Password Reset option

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I see the password reset icon in SU10 next to the lock/unlock icons. Even the option is listed in the User menu as Change password (Shift +F8). Is this included as a new feature with any note?

Regards,

Raghu

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

It was introduced a few months back ( see https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1469961 ) as of release 7.00.

I am not a fan of it, as changing users all to the same password is a risk.

However the BAPIs have the same capability and for deactivating passwords it is also useful, so you only need to be careful and consider the consequences of large numbers of users having the same (initial) password.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

I don't see an option to enter password manually. However, the automatic password generator icon is available, which is generating a password automatically (as like when it creates mass users). But, the screen is a bit confusing and doesn't guide to click any button. Might be a further fix is required.

Thanks for the SAP Note information.

Regards,

Raghu

0 Kudos

Just because the password is cryptic, does not make it random...

Generate the password and check the log. Previously you had to use the log to get the pwd.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

I like SU10 for password resets - it's simple and the log gives the list needed.

Sometimes simple is best!

Simple(s) is mostly best

Edited by: David Berry on Jul 25, 2011 10:59 PM