Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create confirmation for material with serial number

sap_2605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SAP gurus,

My company is planning to use SRM 7.0, while for the backedn we're already have ECC 6. We have materials in ECC with serial number profile activated, so whenever we create GR thru MIGO for these materials, system will prompt asking for serial number to be input. We're wondering whether create confirmation in SRM 7.0 can also enable us to input serial number as well? If not, how can SRM manage this kind of scenario?

Best regards,

John

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

you can do this by enhancement. in my previous project we had this confirmation with serial numbers scanned by bar coder. (SRM ECS scenario)

you have to insert a column in the confirmation screen and after entering the qty you have to enter the serial number and save.

you have to make necessary idoc modifications also so that this Serial number can be in ECC 6.0 screen

Check with your technical team

it is possible in SRM

Regards

G.Ganesh Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ganesh , This is something a workaround as by default SAP doesn't offer this functionality.

Would you please send the piece of code if you have or idoc modification for the additional field ( serialnumber) ?

Regards,

Lalit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

you can tell your requirements to  your ABAP team . i am not aware of the code

Regards

G.Ganesh Kumar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

We had the same problem, and we managed to solve it.

First, we add customer field in the confirmation item data details of the serial number.

The number is transfered to the Backend system after the confirmation is approved. Also,

the equipment is then created in the backend system.

The only problem we have is, that when creating a confirmation with quantity bigger than 1 unit in a row, we need to change the quantity to 1, and then duplicate the item as much times as the quantity, we got. In other words, we can't type more that one serial per  item in the confirmation.

Regards,

Rami

Mridula
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Rami,

Could you please confirm in which SRM release you are ?

Regards,

Mridula

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mridula,

We are using SRM 7.0  .It is customozed functionality only.

SAP SRM Standard functionality is not supported , but SAP SRM can include this  functionality in the

next EHP pack upgrade

Regards

G.Ganesh Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are using SRM Server 550.

We are upgrading to SRM Server 702 and we couldn't implement this development in SRM 702 yet.

Regards,

Rami

Mridula
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Ganesh,

It does not sound like a good feature.

Will see if this can be taken care in next releases.

Best Regards,

Mridula

Mridula
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Sorry Ganesh,

I wrote incorrectly in above reply. It does sound like a good feature. Will see if this can be taken care of in new releases.

Best Regards,

Mridula

Former Member
0 Kudos

can u pls confirm if you got solution ? as am facing same problem ?

sap_2605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Unfortunately I also dont know yet. However I think in the safe side, you should create the GR in ECC instead if you're using serial number