cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom specific Variant Characterstics maintianence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

My client has a requirment where few customers always places the same order with same specification of the procduct.

Now,We want to save these Customer specific Product specification some where in the system.So that every time we place an order these customer speciic variant/product specification should get populated.

For Eg :

My client is a mining company and they sell Coal .Few customer always require one type of specifictation alll the time which is

Carbon content 98%

Moisture 2 %

I know we have variant configuration wihich require Batch Class and Batch Type but that is Product specific.We deifnately need that.However,on top of it is there any way we can maintianed customer specific Characterstics aswell

Kindly advise

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ashwani,

I am bit confused, Are you looking for values to be specifed on a product or you want to default values to be set for characteristic.

Case 1:

If you want same material to be picked for the same customer then you can use material variants.

Say Material A is the customer product Coal. Create a KMAT material A for Customer product . Then Create a finished product B , assign KMAT A to Material B (MRP 3 Configurable product). Assign values Carbon content 98% and Moisture 2 % and save the variant.

Now whenever you create a sales order that customer and enter KMAT , and enter values Carbon content 98% Moisture 2 % It will find Finished product B. You wil always have a variant found for the values you enetered for this customer.

Case 2:

If you want values to be set for a specific customer then please use reference characteristic to VBAK-KUNNR.

Create a charcateristic Eg Char_Customer (CT04) reference to table VBAK-KUNNR.

Create two characteristics for char_Carbon content and Char_Moisture.

Create dependency procedure (CU01) with a syntax something

$Self Char_Moisture = 2 % If $root char_Customer = "customer number" and

$Self Carbon content = 98% if $rootChar_Customer = "customer numer"

Assign these depencies to the characteristic.

This will default the values you want for the customer number.

You can find more information on reference characteristic on the following link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/EN/92/58c3a1417011d189ec0000e81ddfac/frameset.htm

Thanks

Amber

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amber,

Thanks very much for your valuable input

I will try the solution proposed and will get back to you with the end result and furthe ri f i ahve any other question by tomorow.

Thanks for your help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwani,

In this case we can do one thing we can maintain your product in Variant Configuration and then maintain customer material info record for the specific material and specific customer.

This is just a thought may be it helps you.

Regards,

Ashu