cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Method not allowed while calling function via web service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I try to change the value of "UseSoap" of the destination to "true" and I got the following error message.Is there any restriction of "UseSoap" ??

(Environment: SAP.NET Connector 2.0, VB.NET)

[WebException: request fail,HTTP status 405 : Method not allowed。]

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)

SAP.Connector.SAPClient.SAPInvoke(String method, Object[] methodParamsIn)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"UseSoap" requires some prerequisits:

- SAP Server must be 6.20 or higher, e.g. 4.7

- The generic Soap Processor must be enabled.

- The ICM HTTP port must be known and correctly set in the Destination's HttpPort property.

- The properties AppServerHost, Username, Client, and Password must be correctly set in the Destination. Message Server Load Balancing is not supported with Soap.

- Microsoft's Soap client (which NCo is based on) uses the HTTP Proxy setting of the browser. I have seen situation where unfortunately the exception list is not correclty used, so it was necessary to turn off the Proxy.

If everything is setup correctly and you still get errors, it's usually best to take a sniffer like Ethereal or NetMon to look what XML is going over the wire.