cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forward RWB Channel Alert Status to ABAP-Stack's CCMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello World,

Its my first time in this forum, so please pardon any "mistake in protocol" that I might make.

In preparation of a cross country go-live scenario, the problem has arisen that on a frequent occasion files that were send out via PI channels (e.g. a channel for FTP file transfer), do not arrive and/or are not stored correctly on the receiving end.

The corresponding channel indicator in "http://<PI-Server>:50000/mdt/channelmonitorservlet" then goes to status "red" accordingly.

But this being a multinational landscape, the business faction has the problem that they are not aware of this error status, as they have no access to that Runtime Workbench Monitor.

We monitor all our systems centrally via Nagios, and that one gets its alert status messages from the ABAP stack's CCMS.

Therefore request has been passed on to the Basis Support to enable forwarding of (all) RWB channel status changes (error messages) to a corresponding CCMS Alert Monitor.

But I am not aware of a possibility to monitor individual XI/PI channels in the ABAP stack's CCMS.

Mind you, its not sufficient for us to check the Adapter's availability, but the status of a(ny) defined channel itself has to show up in a CCMS alert monitor, at least in case of an error.

If you know a way to get this implemented, then please advise accordingly, and/or provide the corresponding note(s) or URL document links.

I say thanks in advance for any useful suggestions.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guiseppe,

Unfortunately we already tried that approach.

It shows us that there is an error (some error that is) in the adapter engine, but it does not provide info on the channel that was affected.

You still end up having to log on to the RWB to see the exact channel that got the error.

And quite often we found that a particular channel we were monitoring didn't show on in error on the CCMS side at all, even so it showed red in the RWB for already an hour.

We need to be able to relate a specific CCMS alert to a specific channel status in the RWB.

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hareenkumar, why do you post a bunch of links to CCMS setup manuals?

I had asked a specific question (how to relate RWB channel alerts to CCMS alerts), not how to configure CEN or CCMS agents.

I am not a newbie2SAP.