Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proforma Invoice or Quotation from Project

Mamidi_Satish_K
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My client requirement is like this:

1. Receives request for procurement of goods/service from different user departments.

2. Will send estimation to the user departments and will proceed further.

I want to map like this through PS (SD module is not there):

1. Receive requests

2. Will create a simulation/plan project version

3. Will generate the proforma invoice / quotation from the planned costs of this version.

please let me know exact way to achieve the same.

Satish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

I am not quiet sure of what exactly is the requirement. It appears that the user department will send the PR to the estimator and and then the estimator will estimate the cost and send back to the User. Is your question related to the process of estimation and the way it has to be communicated back to the user?

Can you please repharse your question for better understanding...Sinces the question is not very clear.

If you want to Go for Sales Pricing thru projects.and create quotations..then SD module is required.

Warm regards,

Srinivas Potluri

Edited by: Potluri Srinivas on Jul 23, 2011 3:35 PM

Mamidi_Satish_K
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

The user department will not come with PR. He'll come to my client to procure certain goods and services. My client will give estimated cost for the same. Then the user will decide whether to procure or not. Once if he decides to procure, further process of procurement will take place.

we have to map the same in SAP. We have decided to go through PS.

We'll create a simulate/plan project version. we'll calculate the costs that are going to incur for execution of the same and inform user accordingly. If once user accepts to proceed, we'll convert that project to operating project and proceed further.

Hope my issue is clear now.

Regards,

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

You can do this thru Easy Cost planning in project builder. Create a Simulation project and do ECP in any CO version other than 0, say 1 ( Alternate plan ) . Some additional configuration is required like defining alternative CO version and activating multiple CO versions. Once ECP is done, take a print of the estimated cost,( standard available ...cost will be displayed in a hierarchial way). Once the Esstimated cost is approved and well within the Budget ( Outside SAP as its not possible to check in SAP for Simulation ), then the project can be copied and saved as operative project in CJV4.

Hope this helps.

Warm regards,

Srinivas Potluri