cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Workflow Error and Notification problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on Workflow. I imported data <b>first time</b> in Data Manager and created <b>new</b> workflow. Now while "Launching" this workflow it is showing error "<b>The record is currently used in workflow</b>".

I was using this repository for other data with different workflow but i deleted all previous data and workflow. Why it is showing this error? When i have new set of data with new workflow than i think i should not show this error.

Other Question is regarding <b>Notification</b>:

To notify the person we have to make following changes :

1) Have to use Notify stencil and have to give e mail ids in User detail

2) In my server ini file i have to give my mail server name.

After making this changes I am not getting any mails. Please guide me for the same.

Please guide me how to rectify this error and what are the prerequisites?

Thanks in advance,

Ronak

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am working on workflow in maintenance Notification. I am using standard tasks TS20000545,544, 546.

I find that the workitems appears 2 or more times in the inbox. Can anybody help me with this.

Pls reply asap.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Ronak,

Regarding Notifications,

For eg. if ur mail server is of .sap then, try sending the mail to the same domain for eg: tans@sap.com

I tried sending it to different domain but it didnt work.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Tanveer.

<b>Please mark helpful answers</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tanveer,

I am using my company's mail server and i am getting mails but not to reviewer and to approver but to owner of the workflow. I am giving name of reviewer and approver in notification detail but still its not working.

And any idea about my first question? Also any idea why we can't use notify stencil after process(before approve stage)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Ronak,

You said

I am giving name of reviewer and approver in notification detail but still its not working.

(silly but imp question)Have you mentioned their respective email adresses too??

If yes, are the reciever and the approver's mail addresses in the same company domain. I mean if your mail address is abc@xyz.com, are the email address of approver like ...@xyz.com.

Let me know.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Tanveer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Tanveer, All the e mail addresses are from same company domain. Please correct me if i am wrong: I have to make 2 changes as i said earlier. one is in .ini file where i have to give server name and other thing is i have to add notify stage in my workflow..right?

I mentioned all respective e mail addresses also ( No question is silly buddy )

What about my other 2 question? Hope they are not silly

Regards,

Ronak Gajjar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not very sure about the other question, so wont like to comment on it till I try that out.

Well the 2 steps you mention are right.

You can add a notify stage. Also in every step, you can have an email being send by specifying the user details in CC: Notification.

Regards,

Tanveer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ronak,

Couple of issues with emailing:

1. You need to restart your repository after updating .ini file to effect the changes.

2. Your SMTP server should relay mails without SMTP authentication.

3. You can also send emails to outside domains such as yahoo or others if your SMTP server permits.

Check with your mail server administrator and perform a simple SMTP telnet test to make sure your SMTP server is not an issue.

Hope this helps

--

Venkat