cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EHP Stack file

jay_b2
Participant
0 Kudos

I have multiple systems with same configuration where I need to update to EHP4 for ERP6 (EHP4 ready systems) on DB2 UDB. (ABAP only; central system)

I know that I can use the same set of SP files downloaded but I'll need to modify my stack file. I want to avoid registering in mopz for this time..

Any clue on how can the stack file be modified ? I have come across two unique system dependent entries in stack file including SID & Hostname ... is there anything else that I should change ?

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can use

Note 1600302 - MOpz: Copy stack xml with a report

to copy an XML to another system.

Markus

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Another best approch to generate consistent EHP stack is, select all systems ( in step - v ), so that for entier landscape you will have only one EHP stack file.

You can use the folloiwng steps to generate EHP stack.

I assumed that your system has been connected to SolMan system.

i)       Use the t-code DSWP

ii)      Select the active solution form the list , say SAP ECC system

iii)     Once you select the solution, click on “operation” than select the “ Maintenance Optimizer”

iv)     Once you select Maintenance Optimizer tab, on the same window, click on “ Create new maintenance transaction” and this will open your default browser ( IE or Firefox )

v)      On the browser you need to select three things and click on continue

-- Solution : Same as step-ii

-- Product Version : ( Say ECC 6.0 )

-- System ( Say Dev or QAS)

vi)      Select “Calculate file automatically” . It will take some time

Rest of the steps are easy – you can select your components, OS, DB etc

Regards,

Dipam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can modify Stack.xml file and proceed the required system.

you can change SID,Hostname small case and hostname upper case, system number

Note:- please do this very carefull otherwise SP level will miss while upgrade

Thanks and Regards,

Jibin.

0 Kudos

I also need a stack.xml file i have solution manager Installed and connected and i need the steps to generate stack.xml file by a shortest way.

I need this file to install an upgrade for a  specific component, Can anybody please guide me through the steps to generate the Stack File or if there is any possibility to Install the Upgrade without Stack.xml file.

I have Solution Manager 7.1 and ERP6 EHP6.

Thank you

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please don't edit it manually otherwise you can face problem in upgrade. SAP does not recommend to edit files manually.

Thanks

Sunny